LCD4Linux possible in OBH for Solo4K?

AlexWilMac

As for the subject: is there a way to use LCD4Linux with Solo4K and OBH?
If I'm not wrong, the file involved to change LCD settings seems to be
skin_display.xml
located in /usr/share/enigma2/display

How to replace with L4L configuration?

AlexWilMac

Nothing changed: it's always loaded the display skin previously added (in my case OE-A_LCDSkin_3).
I also tried to choose the "default" lcd skin but without success. It's like L4L is not considered.

from the web interface, put the 3 check marks, then remove them, then put them back and restart the box

Then I try again on my own, but it seems to work fine

AlexWilMac

I hadn't seen the 3 check marks before. Anyway: this way now the LCD is black but maybe it depends on the resolution and color depth I chose.
As I haven't found the exact resolution of Solo4K display neither in VU+ website nor elsewhere, do you know what do I have to choose?

AlexWilMac

I hadn't seen the 3 check marks before. Anyway: this way now the LCD is black but maybe it depends on the resolution and color depth I chose.
As I haven't found the exact resolution of Solo4K display neither in VU+ website nor elsewhere, do you know what do I have to choose?

P.S.
I forgot to say that I use OBH through Multiboot: does this change some paths?

AlexWilMac

After a crash I had to reflash from a backup of some days ago and I started over installing lcd4linux and so on...
Only it was very slow and I wanted to uninstall. As it was not listed in the unistall panell, I removed it manually from the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions folder.
But now OBH does not show it among the downloadable extension, as it thinks it's already installed.
I tried the opkg command in telnet but without success.
How can I download or reinstall it?

nunigaia

After a crash I had to reflash from a backup of some days ago and I started over installing lcd4linux and so on...
Only it was very slow and I wanted to uninstall. As it was not listed in the unistall panell, I removed it manually from the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions folder.
But now OBH does not show it among the downloadable extension, as it thinks it's already installed.
I tried the opkg command in telnet but without success.
How can I download or reinstall it?

Hi @Alexwilmac

Try:

Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux

or
  • Code:
    opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux

Check your /home/root folder ... you must have there the lcd4linux ( OpenBh 06 version ).

Verify it!

You can install it by downloading it and upload to /tmp folder ... or the direct simple way:

• Code:
    opkg install --force-reinstall /home/root/enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux*.ipk

After that:

reboot your STB.

best regards
    nunigaia

AlexWilMac

I did but it got into looped crashes. So I had to reflash, this time from a more recent backup of today where lcd4linux was installed although so slow.
I cannot understand why it is so slow (it was so even immediately after installed, already when you load it from the plugins). This has never happened before.

nunigaia

I did but it got into looped crashes. So I had to reflash, this time from a more recent backup of today where lcd4linux was installed although so slow.
I cannot understand why it is so slow (it was so even immediately after installed, already when you load it from the plugins). This has never happened before.

Check the log crashs ...

/home/root/logs

or the folder you have setted.

Note: You can flash, just for despite, a clean image downloaded from our forum.

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Probably it isn't l4l the responsible of the crashes, as they now happens even doing simple actions, like trying to go to BlackHole apps menu. Here there are the last lines before the error occurs:

< 6674.691> [ActionMap] OkCancelActions ok
< 6674.698> Traceback (most recent call last):
< 6674.698> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 68, in action
< 6674.698> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 48, in action
< 6674.699> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 56, in okbuttonClick
< 6674.699> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/BoundFunction.py", line 9, in __call__
< 6674.699> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 70, in runScreen
< 6674.699> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 76, in openDialog
< 6674.699> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 307, in openWithCallback
< 6674.700> dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
< 6674.700> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 317, in open
< 6674.701> dlg = self.current_dialog = self.instantiateDialog(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
< 6674.701> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 254, in instantiateDialog
< 6674.701> return self.doInstantiateDialog(screen, arguments, kwargs, self.desktop)
< 6674.701> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 277, in doInstantiateDialog
< 6674.701> dlg = screen(self, *arguments, **kwargs)
< 6674.701> TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)
< 6674.701> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.NumberActionMap instance at 0xa757fd00>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)

AlexWilMac

P.S.
As I wrote in another post, I found out that these crashes are due to the last online update and not to L4L.
In fact, starting from a previous backup without L4L and without installing it, as soon as I update the image, I cannot longer go into BlackHole Apps item of the main menu because the image now crashes.
Error reported in the general OBH section.