Limited budget

Davon

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all

On a limited budget £200 I have seen both Uno and Solo for approx £190 . Also uno twin tuner for a bit more £250 ( really fancy a solo 2 but £300 a little bit much) . Which of the cheaper options would you recommend or indeed any others around £200 to £250 . And what tech would i be losing with cheaper boxes .
I have a dm500s so is an upgrade to a solo or duo even worth it ??

Thanks

Davon

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks
Is it higher spec than solo (faster etc)
Just seen a duo twin tuner for £239 is it worth extra as i dont really need to record one channel while watching another , but is there anything elso the duo twin would do that

Davon

Vu+ Newbie
If there advertised with sata hard drives , are they fitted internally where you can record too then playback as opposed to plugging in a hard drive via usb port ..??

sidTM

Vu+ User
If there advertised with sata hard drives , are they fitted internally where you can record too then playback as opposed to plugging in a hard drive via usb port ..??

Yes bud if it's advertised with a sata hdd then it'll be fitted and yes you can record and playback from the internal hdd

sidTM

Vu+ User

Also remember your also better having a USB always plugged into the back of the receiver and use this for your egp to store onto when it updates everyday

yummer

BH Lover
Thanks
Is it higher spec than solo (faster etc)
Just seen a duo twin tuner for £239 is it worth extra as i dont really need to record one channel while watching another , but is there anything elso the duo twin would do that
Just be careful when buying 'to good to be true' offers as you could end up buying a clone box which you'll receive no support for and will be inferior to a genuine vu ;)

Davon

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks guys
Which one sounds best deal please?
Uno with 500gb sata hdd drive £260
Duo twin tuner ( no hdd) £250

Sorry for all questions but its a mine field and i want to get it right !

sidTM

Vu+ User
Thanks guys

Well if your not bothered about watching 1 channel when recording another then I would say the uno mate plus I'm sure the uno is newer than the duo as duo was released 2010 and uno in 2011

Davon

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks chaps uno with 500 hdd i think it is . Do i need one of the usb wifi dongle i see advertised . whats the purpose ? And does uno do transending thanks

yummer

BH Lover
Thanks chaps uno with 500 hdd i think it is . Do i need one of the usb wifi dongle i see advertised . whats the purpose ? And does uno do transending thanks
If you mean transcoding no it doesn't... You'll need a WiFi dongle to hook it up to your network ... You can also use a Ethernet cable if your router is close to your setup. Also get a usb stick a 2 or 4 gig is more than ample for flashing latest BH image and if you want to save picons and EPG data on it.

Davon

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks yummer . So the ones without internal storage you have to plug external usb hard drive in ?. Is this slower ?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

sidTM

Vu+ User
Thanks guys

also if your router is nowhere near your box for a wired connection then buy homeplugs, dont get a wifi dongle as you will have problems with pictures glitching/freezing etc