lip sync

fta

Vu+ Newbie
So I have an AVR, audio / video receiver. The problem is that I need to set the audio delay on the AVR to approx. 200 ms when zapping from Dolby Digital channels to channels with a different kind of AC3 or MPEG audio. I would prefer to set the delay differently in openBH for different audio types. But there are only a few settings in the menu:

audiosettings.jpg

Any suggestions? A plugin maybe?

AlexWilMac

It's not possible to set a delay based on the audio type but:
1) Install the plugin Audiosync (it's among the Addons/Extensions).
2) Set the audio delay specific for each channel by its options.

and, before that, of course, in the Language options, set the audio option to remember the track selected by the user. Once you'll have chosen it, you should get you aim.
I know is not the same, but it's better than nothing.

Reactions: fta

fta

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you. I've tried the audiosync extension you suggested and it's quite good actually. It is easy to use and it even uses the channel delay for the recordings you make. Not bad. I wish I could batch set the delay for a list of channels automatically.

It remains a strange phenomenon. I used to have the audio of my VU+ Uno 4K SE hooked up with a home cinema through an optic fiber. No delay problems.

Now audio is connected to an AVR through HDMI and different audio types have different delays:confused:.

As it is not openBH related I'll comment it in the plugins forum. Maybe someone builds a new extension:laugh:.