List of satellites doesn't chime with Satellites.xml

Mark Thomas

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
When I an browsing through my channels and press the green button (satellites) I end up with a very long list of satellites, including many that are not in satellites.xml, but which also is missing satellites that are in satellites.xml.
Also, for each satellite there are 3 banners (Services, Providers, New)
Also, for some satellites the above 3 banners are replicated, so 6 banners for one satellite).

How do I edit what appears when I press the green button to view my satellites?

Have a Solo4K with a 1m dish, with DiSEqC 1.2 positioner

Many thanks

Mark

AlexWilMac

First question: how come you have all these satellites? I suspect you installed one of those useless and often noxious autosettings plugin instead of performing a scanning by yourself.
Or, if these channels you have are from your dishes and LNBs (do you have motorised dish?) you should take advantage of the concept of BOUQUET.
This is simply a group of channels where you can put whatever channel you like, terrestrial or sat. It's not like in traditional decoders where you have all your thousands of channels listed together.
Then you can move also the bouquets up and down the bouquets' list and the first bouquet in your order will assign the first numbers to its channels.
So, 1, 2, 3... will be the first channels of the first bouquet.
You can create your own bouquets and as many bouquets as you like; for instance: SPORTS, NEWS, and so on and a channel can be put in several bouquets, if you like.
All the other channels are always accessible pressing UP or DOWN and then the GREEN button (to select the satellite you want or the terrestrial services) or RED to show ALL your channels together.

To do that, apart from GUI itself (which allows such an operation but it is quite a slow process) you can use the OpenWebInterface (OWIF, in short) of the image (just type your box IP in a browser and use the Bouquet Editor section); or there is software for your OS (iDreamX for OsX until 10.14 or DreamBoxEdit for win).

But, if you don't have all those channels you must perform a new scanning of channels enabling the options of deleting current channels, otherwise they will stay there.
If you are experienced at FTP to your box, you might download an optimized satellites.xml file from specialized sites where you can choose only the satellites you get and then load this file into
/etc/tuxbox/
and then restart the GUI.
Otherwise is better to do a manual scan satellite by satellite. Once you have your channels, you'll be able to group into bouquet.

gerolamo

Vu+ User
mah!
I don't understand why you have to go on rough paths ..
Do you have a 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 LNB or motorized system?
Go to the vhannibal website, you don't need to register and download the setting that's right for you (1,2,3,4 LNB or positioner, positioner + DDT Italy, positioner + DDT Milan etc)
Then you send it to your box with a Dreambox Edit program and you're done

AlexWilMac

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! vhannibal!!!!!!!!!
Particularly because we still don't know if he really has got a motorized system. I'm not sure about that.
I suspect he installed some huge list of channels without even understand what he was doing...

scorpion007

Vu+ User
If you use the OBH image it only lists the satellites services so the list is reduced, you can also delete the satellites you don't need, hope this helps. PS forgot to say if you double press the green button it will show the extended version if you need it.

AlexWilMac

Right: I had completely forgot that, because obviously I have only the satellites I need: recall the list of channels, press GREEN to go to "Extended" mode, highlight the satellite you don't need, press MENU and you'll have the option to delete the unnecessary satellite.

But, still, I suspect he hasn't grouped its channels into bouquet, yet... Maybe I did not understood his message, though