Loop through cable?

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
Just recieved my new Duo2 but I have one small question.. What's the point in using a loop through cable? If I have understood it correctly, if I want to see something on the third tuner (Have a dual tuner and a single tuner and two cables from my dish), the third tuner still needs to display from the same transponder as the tuner it is connected too? Wouldn't this be the same as just using two tuners or am I mistaken something?

Regards,

BTJ

Matrix10

Administrator
Just recieved my new Duo2 but I have one small question.. What's the point in using a loop through cable? If I have understood it correctly, if I want to see something on the third tuner (Have a dual tuner and a single tuner and two cables from my dish), the third tuner still needs to display from the same transponder as the tuner it is connected too? Wouldn't this be the same as just using two tuners or am I mistaken something?

Regards,

BTJ

No is not the same.
This tuner can be used on all transponders and channels with different freq on the same satellite and the same polarisation If you're using a common signal (single LNB) with another tuner
it allows you to watch and record more channels on the same satellite
but with restriction of the same polarization as You use the same LNB for reception
on both tuners.

Example you are recording one and you're watch television at a different channel on a different transponder.

briefly
one tuner can tune only one frequency at the same time (one transponder)
if you want to use multiple frequencies (transponders) at the same time (for example to record)
you need as many tuners.

and

in brief
one single LNB can be used at the same time with only one polarization
vertical or horizontal.

So how will tuners work depends on the configuration
and the number and types of used LNB s.

Of course independent LNB /antenna and tuners provide the most possibilities.

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
Aaah... Thx... So until I find time to install a new cable, I could use this loop-through cable as a temporay solution to be a bit more free than just using two tuners.... :)

BTJ

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
Well, I have one antenna and I am watching two satellites.. I have two cables from the antenna but I am going to install three when I find the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Lincsat

Vu+ User
I have had a problem with loopthrough not working all the time to a second receiver, so would be interested to know how you get on.

Matrix10

Administrator
To a second receiver., worked fine on an ultimo, have issues doing the same on the Duo2

I have not tested with the other receiver but I have tested with other tuner.
What is essentially the same.

Did you connect antenna to the same tuner,and is this tuner the main tuner in config >> example tuner A

Lincsat

Vu+ User
The 2nd receiver is connected to the lowest priority tuner so it's not trying to use the same tuner as the Duo2. I find that the loopthrough does not work until after the tuner has been active and does not work when the box is playing back a media file or recording.I'm guessing the tuner needs to be powered to loopthrough and it may be a power saving feature.

The Ultimo does not have this problem.