Mapping VU+ Internal andexternal disk from PC windows

Delfino

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,
in my VU+ Solo decoder I choiced to try Open BH (openbh release 1.0.023) insted Black Hole used antil now because i need more free flash & ram memory. Everithing it's ok but, different from BH , I am not able to map and view the internal and external HDD (plugged in the USB port) with the normal function of mapping from Windows PCs. I am able to reach these disks via FTP (Filezilla) but if I try to map it (with name or with IP adderss), in my filemanager I can't reach it in Lan. Must I do some action or update the image with a plugin/driver ?
thanks in advance all of you for your answer.
Delfino

AlexWilMac

No and I think you are not talking about mapping: maybe you are talking about formatting? Mapping is a linux feature that associate a disk to a specific path. You can't do something that's related to VU+ O.S. by windows: windows does not map anything. What's your mother tongue? If it's Italian, as it seems from your nick, come to the Italian section.
If it's really mapping what you need, just go to Setup/Black Hole Apps/Device Manager, as in BH.

Delfino

Vu+ Newbie
No and I think you are not talking about mapping: maybe you are talking about formatting? Mapping is a linux feature that associate a disk to a specific path. You can't do something that's related to VU+ O.S. by windows: windows does not map anything. What's your mother tongue? If it's Italian, as it seems from your nick, come to the Italian section.
If it's really mapping what you need, just go to Setup/Black Hole Apps/Device Manager, as in BH.
Thanks Alexwilmac, yes, I'm Italian ... I'm sorry for my poor English.. I'm improoving it :). I'm only want to copy directly from a a Windows pc some file into the HD of my VU+ Solo.
With previous BH image I was able to map the disk (with a letter) and directly copy the files by Filemanager in Windows.
regards
Delfino

AlexWilMac

It was not a criticism about your English, that's much better than the average here and, by the way, is not in my style to criticise anyone. I just feared that you meant something different. And I actually have still many doubts about what you did in the past and you want to do now.
Trying to guess, maybe you mean that your external disks are formatted in NTFS, not in extFS4 like the standard of Linux/VU+ is. I have never used this method to transfer files because I have the chance of reading/writing extFS disks also with my Mac, but probably to do that you have to add the NTFS-3g driver from OBH. For your Italian GUI:
Green/yellow/gestione download addons/Plugins da distribuzione Black Hole/drivers.
When I have time I want to try what happens with NTFS-formatted drives.
And, by the way, you'll have a lot of support also in the Italian section, in case you need! ;)

AlexWilMac

P.S. Actually, I need to correct myself: OBH has only international support sections, and then in English... Anyway, as I said, your English is good. I just wanted to be sure I understood your issue.

Delfino

Vu+ Newbie
P.S. Actually, I need to correct myself: OBH has only international support sections, and then in English... Anyway, as I said, your English is good. I just wanted to be sure I understood your issue.
Hi Alex, I found the solution by myself , surfing the internet! it needs to activate SAMBA on the menu of OBH. When i did it, Immediatly I saw the resources HD and internal of the VU+ and I was able to map it in my FileExplorer in Windows .
I hope this will be helpful for other user of this forum.
Regards
Delfino

AlexWilMac

You see? Mapping was not what you wanted to do but you wanted to have access to VU+ disks through the network ;)