Media Player doesn't display all SRT subtitles

Didi

Vu+ User
Unfortunately, the subtitle display problem is real. I noticed that while watching a movie, random lines are not shown. I initially thought that the subtitles were wrong, but replaying the same scene, the subtitles were correctly displayed, so the subtitles should be ok, so the problem is different. I have tried several movies, the issue occurs every time randomly, and to different subtitle lines. Both Media Player and Enhanced Movie Center show the same problems. These problems appear even when I stream the movie with Media Player on Vu+Duo through LAN from Duo2's HDD. I frequently used Media Player on Vu+Duo and everything worked fine. I only noticed these issues on Duo2 after introducing Subtitle Settings in the image ( this is just a hunch, doesn't mean this is the cause)... unortunately I cannot check if this problem exists also on Vu+Duo with image BH 2.0.5 because Duo doesn't have a HDD anymore, I moved it to Duo2. I hope that I've been clear enough in explaining this issue, and I want to thank everyone who took the time to read my post.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I have set encoding to "UTF-8 with Signature" (using Notepad2) and it seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed it will work fine all the time ;)

Platoon

Vu+ Newbie
Have you tried OpenPli? VTI doesnt count as they use same base as bh.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Didi

Vu+ User
It seems that the latest drivers solve the unpleasent problem of the Media Player subtitles.
I'd like to thank everyone who made this possible.

Attachments

• vuplus-dvb-modules-vuduo2-3.3.8-4.4.3-20130918.tar.gz
    3.9 MB · Views: 56

Didi

Vu+ User
Very strange... as I said above the newly installed drivers on BH2.0.5 solved the problem... unfortunately after installing BH2.0.6 the problem reappeared.:(

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I did notice that new image (2.0.6) has the old drivers (not the newest ones).

Replace the old drivers with the new ones.

Last edited:

Didi

Vu+ User
I already did this yesterday, but without results, so I went back to BH2.0.5 with the new drivers until the problem will be resolved.

sperl59

Vu+ Newbie
with the new driver and image HB 2.0.7 has someone tested if the problem is solved ( all .srt subs showed ) ?

sperl59

Vu+ Newbie
The only concrete solution that I've found is to remux the file to a TStream with subtitle embedded.That works, but every file to remux, that is a work...