meoboot problem

Satlawman

Vu+ Newbie
I am using the latest blackhole image 2.0.2 ith meoboot (as usual a fantastic piece of work) - im am trying to use meoboot and struggling - I have mounted my usb stick to machine and it shows when I go to meoboot. what do I do now? if I want to have say VIX and VTI also available but BH in flash do I put vu plus folder of each image on usbstick? it is this stage I do not get? any help on this please?

Shiro

BH-C
I am using the latest blackhole image 2.0.2 ith meoboot (as usual a fantastic piece of work) - im am trying to use meoboot and struggling - I have mounted my usb stick to machine and it shows when I go to meoboot. what do I do now? if I want to have say VIX and VTI also available but BH in flash do I put vu plus folder of each image on usbstick? it is this stage I do not get? any help on this please?

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/meoboot-·-short-user-guide.1899/

ihavu

Vu+ Newbie
some questions and problems to meoboot:
I have installed it with bh2.02, vti5.1, opennnaaf ,openpli. on usb-stick.
All was working fine.
But now I have some problems:
From vti image I used meoboot plugin to switch directly to blackhole on stick.
Systems freezed.
All trials to start blackhole failed.
BH image seems to be broken.
BH in flash is also nok.
In the moment from starting the solo2 I have only the choose between opennaaf and openpli
How is it possible to reinstall bh without destroying the other images on USB-stick?
Another question: If I do backups form different images on the stick, are they stored in special directoies?

a911

The BH Lover
some questions and problems to meoboot:
I have installed it with bh2.02, vti5.1, opennnaaf ,openpli. on usb-stick.
All was working fine.
But now I have some problems:
From vti image I used meoboot plugin to switch directly to blackhole on stick.
Systems freezed.
All trials to start blackhole failed.
BH image seems to be broken.
BH in flash is also nok.
In the moment from starting the solo2 I have only the choose between opennaaf and openpli
How is it possible to reinstall bh without destroying the other images on USB-stick?
Another question: If I do backups form different images on the stick, are they stored in special directoies?

Did U format your USB to ext4?....As its made for meoboot!
Most backups stored at media/HDD!

just reinstall BH image using standard procedure - remember to remove ALL mounted devices (hdd, usb) before flashing
then mount your devices as you had them with previous image
then run meoboot and install it on the same mounted device you had with old image. All images previously installed on USB should appear again if you will restart meoboot plugin.

If you going to do image backup from image already running (meo or flash) - it depends from the image actually where backup will be saved - mainly it will be your hdd if it's correctly mounted

ihavu

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you very much for informations.
In the meantime ( I havn`t read your infos) I flashed with a new BH image.
And all images on USB are running
So it seemed to be the solution.
But now I want to put another image to meoboot:
In the Meo plugin I can`t see the other images.
Nevertheless I put it into the directory ( meoboot is only on HDD ?! ) and installed it.
Then I restarted the box.
In the meoboot startmenu I see the other old images, but not the new one
Starting with these images is possible, it works.
If one of these images is running , I use the Meoboot plugin. And now I can only see the new image and it`s also possible to switch from Plugin Meoboot to this image!!

So my questions:
is it possible that one meoboot is running on usb and the other on disk?
I think in my case I am only able to change firmwares which is in the plugin, and this is on disk?
How can I put meoboot only running on usb?

is it possible that one meoboot is running on usb and the other on disk?
I think in my case I am only able to change firmwares which is in the plugin, and this is on disk?
How can I put meoboot only running on usb?

1. AFAIK meoboot will work within one directory and one device (USB or HDD). If you've been using meoboot before software upgrade I'd suggest to install meoboot on the same device as you've had it before. It will give you possibility to run old images already installed earlier on.
2. If you want to install new image you need to copy image into 'mbootupload' directory (usually it will be on USB) then run meoboot plugin from BH image.
3. You need to reinstall your image, mount devices again then run meoboot plugin and install it on USB stick when plugin will ask you where you want to install it

ihavu

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you, Darian23,
I have done it like point 3, meoboot is now running only on USB.

I think the problems arises , if the mounts inside the firmwares are different from this which is in flash.
Do you agree?

kristallrainer

Vu+ Newbie
Bei vti 5.1.0 bekomme ich im Meoboot keine WLAN Verbindung.Es wird nur Lan im Netzwerkmenü angezeigt. Habe eine solo2.Was kann ich tun um mit WLAN auf vti im Meoboot zu kommen?

ihavu

Vu+ Newbie
Hello !

Now after working wtith 8 images inside of meoboot, I want to delete one of them.
But it is not possible
The situation:
From flash image I started meoboot.
Yellow button to delete one image in this case" ZDEnet".
Meoboot starts with deleting
error log: complete deleting not possible cause there are some files inside directories.
So I used a filemanager to delete them manually from directory /media/meoboot/MbootM/ from USB stick.

I have changed rights, tried to rename directories but deleting or removing isn`t posssible. ( I tried filezilla, telnet, Total Commander, a filemanager inside of vti ),
From telnet I got message "can`t stat ´usbtuner´"
This "usbtuner" should be inside of /media/meoboot/MbootM/1/1/1/
(I have renamed directories from zdNet image to 1/1/1 )
But there are no files in each of these directories
In meoboot image "1" is displayed.
I can´t add a new image because image 1 is still inside of meoboot and there are 7 other images (maximum of meoboot is 8 )

How can I delete this stupid image? grrr :)

Thank you in advance

Matrix10

Administrator
Have you looked with Total Commander >> button atop from commander >>Net >> FTP Show hidden files

ihavu

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for answer:
Yes , but inside directories is nothing to see.
There only the direcories 1/1/1, nothing more to see
All other files seems to be deleted, but it is not possibel to delete the directories ,
I tried it also fom telnet with rm -r, witout success see above

Matrix10

Administrator
There only the direcories 1/1/1, nothing more to see
All other files seems to be deleted, but it is not possibel to delete the directories ,
I tried it also fom telnet with rm -r, witout success see above

I do not know,
I had no such problem so far.