Missing channels

afalk

Vu+ Newbie
I have one solo2 and one duo2 connected to the same dish, but my duo2 does not find any channels on 13 east, my solo2 find over 2000 channels on 13 east, what can be wrong?

Mick12334

Are they connected to the same LNB?
Please post more details, of your satellite setup, fixed dish multiple LNB's, with Diseqc switch, motorized dish, number of dishes with diseqc switch, etc.. Also please post your tuner settings, in both receivers.
Which images, are you running, on your receivers?
Are you doing a blind scan or manual scan?

AlexWilMac

For sure, let's start saying that, if you have got a Universal LNB (the traditional type) and if it has got only one exit, this means you have simply split your cable coming from LNB: is it so?
In this case, you won't never be able to watch at the same time your two STBs for every channels! A satellite cable is not like an electric one that you can freely split.
So, as Mick said, please confirm your system, although I suspect is like I described it.

afalk

Vu+ Newbie
I have universal lnb with 4 connections, spaun diseq 4in1 , both tuners runs open black hole 4.3 and both tuners have this set up . Diseq a 0.8w b 4.8 east c 13 east d19.2 east. It doesn't matter if i do a manually, automatic or blindscan, no channels on 13 east, but if i connect my solo2 with the cables for my duo 2 it finds over 2000 channels

AlexWilMac

One physical LNB for such different (apart for 13E and 19,2E) satellites?
But, OK, 4 cables coming from your dish(es), go into the switch and then to both boxes?

Instead, if you have connected only one box at the time (but this was not the meaning in your first post, where you wrote: "have one solo2 and one duo2 connected to the same dish"), it should work.
How did you set the tuner up? As SIMPLE configuration and 4 satellites (A/B/C/D) or as Advanced configuration?
Better the simple configuration.
In OBH you can also set the port of each satellite as "Automatic" and leave OBH to find the satellite connected, just to avoid errors.

If, instead, the two boxes are connected at the same time, please specify.

afalk

Vu+ Newbie
Of course i have 4 lnb's on the dish, setup mode is simple a/b/c/d on both tuners, have tried automatic on both tuners, and on the solo2 it finds all four, but on the duo 2 it does not find 13 east. It doesn't matter if i have one or both tuners connected at the same time or not, i believe there is something wrong with the tunerblock on the duo 2

AlexWilMac

Yes, at this point, a HW failure is the most likely hypothesis.
But... try these other things too: connect only 13E (without the switch, if possible) and configure your tuner as Simple and Single and see if you can get something.
Also, try the optimized satellite.xml file I attach: after unzipping, put it into
/etc/tuxbox
and restart GUI.
It's optimized because includes only your 4 satellites. Even: maybe it's better if you try this before the experiment with a single satellite.

Attachments

• satellites.xml.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 2

Mick12334

Have you tried transferring your channel list, from your Solo 2, to your Duo 2, using Dreambox Edit?
You might also want to try transferring your Solo 2 satellites.xml file to your Duo 2, overwriting the old one.

AlexWilMac

It can't help, I think, because if the scan does not find any channels, it means it has a problem somewhere. And the 3 more likely factors are:
HW problem
satellites.xml and other files corrupted
Tuner configuration (although this one I tend to exclude, now, based on what he told us).