Motorised dish problem

canary

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all.
I've recently encountered a problem when changing from a UK channel to a German one. The satellite moving symbol appears but the newly selected channel doesn't appear. When in the new channel I have to then open the tuner settings, save them and zap to the previous channel. This process shows the new channel, but it's never done this before.

The problem started after I had to re-flash my Solo2. I am running the BH 3.0.1 image, build 2015-11-18. Tuner configuration is Tuner A USALS, Tuner B equal to Tuner A.

Can anybody provide any advice as to how I can correct this error?

Thanks.

Mick12334

UK channels are generally on Astra 2, 28.2E, German channels on Astra 1, 19.2E.
The flashing symbol indicates that your receiver is trying to move your motor, but you haven't explained if the motor is actually moving.
First you need to check all connections, from LNB, to motor, and motor to receiver, as well as the cable, for signs of damage, and water ingress.
What happens if you go into the menu and try to manually move your motor, with your receiver, does the motor move?
Can you please provide more detailed information.

canary

Vu+ Newbie
The motor does move.

If I am on a UK channel my method to switch to German tv is the following.
1. Select German channel, flashing motor symbol appears. No picture appears.
2. Open tuner configuration menu. Open tuner A settings. Ok. Zap back to channel on at tuner setup.
3. Flashing satellite symbol appears. Picture displayed.

The same is also the case when switching from German to UK channels.

Previously the channel and satellite change was made without having to enter the tuner configuration menu and going through the process above. I'd just like to eradicate the need to enter this menu and for the channel change to occur as it used to.

Thanks.

Mick12334

The motor should move, when selecting the channel, and the channel automatically display.
You could try re-scanning, by going into the menu, selecting the manual scan option, selecting the clear before scan option.
If this doesn't work you might have to re-flash and start from scratch, even making a new channel list.

canary

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the response again Mick12334.

After some time ignoring this issue and hoping it will correct itself, I'm back on the case. I tried re-flashing and starting again. I had my channel list backed up using dreamboxedit so that was nice and easy. Unfortunately I still have the same issue. To get the dish to turn I have to select the channel that I wish to watch, open the tuner settings, ok my latitude and longitude, then select yes to zap to channel on at tuner setup. Only at that point will my dish turn to the required satellite. If I then want to turn back to another satellite I again have to open the tuner settings and repeat the process. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. It's a real pain to have to manually force the dish to turn through this method when as you said above Mick12334, the motor should move the dish when changing the channel. That is how it always used to be for me.

Matrix10

Administrator
Yes but you use your list again and old image
which most likely causes the problem.
Use new image , Make a channel scan as suggested
or uses a list that is checked.
Let's say with from Black Hole server download.

If it does not work then it is a problem of another nature
And you know that the list and image do not cause the problem.

Tururu

BH Lover
@canary
I understand that you only have a Motorised dish.
Entiendo que solo tienes una antena motorizada.

Since it is a VU+solo2, it has a defect.
You have to connect the antenna cable to tuner B and configure for motor with usals and its parameters latitude and longitude.
Tuner A configured as connected to tuner B to use the internal loop it has.

As you have it now, the receiver is lia and works poorly, think you have ...2
Tuner A.- Usals.
Tuner B.- equal to Tuner A ==> motor usals.

That's why what happens happens, you're in Astra19E and you ask for an Astra28E channel, send the antenna to the Astra28E satellite, when you ask for an Astra19E channel, I'll use the other tuner that is in Astra19E, since there is nothing connected to the other tuner, you stay in black.
----------------
Como es un VU+solo2, tiene un defecto.
Tienes que conectar el cable de antena al tuner B y configurar para motor con usals y sus parametros latitud y longitud.
El tuner A configurado como conectado al tuner B para que use el bucle/loop interno que tiene.

Segun lo tienes ahora, el receptor se lia y funciona mal, piensa que tienes...2
Tuner A.- Usals.
Tuner B.- Igual que Tuner A ==> motor usals.

Por eso pasa lo que pasa, estas en Astra19E y pides un canal Astra28E, manda la antena al satelite Astra28E, cuando pides un canal de Astra19E, usaria el otro tuner que esta en Astra19E, como no hay nada conectado al otro tuner, te quedas en negro.

Last edited: