Mount Manager Issue

fudgel

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

Apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong thread. I've been experiencing an issue with the mount manager in all Black Hole images including the new Open Black Hole image.

The issue is when I set up a network mount for my NAS, a connection to it cannot be established. The icon (looks like a globe) just remains faded, instead of becoming green / blue. Therefore I cannot access my network mount.

I know the setting are correct as I have taken them from a personal back-up from a previous image where the settings did work. I have included the setting below:

<mountmanager>
<cifs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>False</hdd_replacement>
<ip>192.168.137.3</ip>
<sharename>DanielsServer</sharename>
<sharedir>c</sharedir>
<options>rw</options>
<username>admin</username>
<password>***********</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
</mountmanager>

The above settings worked fine for me up as far as Black Hole 2.1.0.1. Then I tried installing 2.1.1 and I discovered the issue, the network mount simply just would not mount with the exact same settings. I tried several versions after that as well and the same issue was present in all of them. I thought that the issue may have been resolved in the latest Open Black Hole image but unfortunately it was not.

Can anyone offer me any advice on how to troubleshoot this? Is there anyway of accessing a log file to see if there is anything? The receiver is not green screening so there is no crash report to look at. Or am I just destined to be stuck on 2.1.0.1 forever!

Many thanks,
Daniel

fudgel

Vu+ Newbie
Try using as a sharedir
/c

Hi Eragon,

I have a share directory already specified; 'c'. I've also tried '/c' (the backslash just gets removed) and 'c/' but still no luck.

I've also tried giving a path to a specific directory within the NAS; 'c/DanielsServer/Movies' but it doesn't work.

I just find it strange that these exact settings worked fine up until a certain image and then they simply just stopped working.

Thanks,
Daniel

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
the backslash
I think you mean the (forward) slash.

Try to directly share the Movies folder, so the sharedir will be simply Movies.
Finally, share names might be case sensitive and need the exact upper/lower characters.

fudgel

Vu+ Newbie
I think you mean the (forward) slash.

Try to directly share the Movies folder, so the sharedir will be simply Movies.
Finally, share names might be case sensitive and need the exact upper/lower characters.

Spot on, it's a forward slash! :)

I have the upper and lower case characters entered exactly as they are on the NAS.

Thanks, I'll play around with some more variations on the path tonight and see if that helps.

fudgel

Vu+ Newbie
I think I've gone through every possible combination with regards to the share directory. So the path on the NAS containing actual media files is 'DanielsServer/Entertainment/Movies/'. I've tried all of the following by editing the automount.xml file directly:

c
c/
c/DanielsServer
c/DanielsServer/
c/DanielsServer/Entertainment
c/DanielsServer/Entertainment/
c/DanielsServer/Entertainment/Movies
c/DanielsServer/Entertainment/Movies/
DanielsServer
DanielsServer/
DanielsServer/Entertainment
DanielsServer/Entertainment/
DanielsServer/Entertainment/Movies
DanielsServer/Entertainment/Movies/

Just 'c' had worked for me in the past.

I've had no luck with any of them. I'm running the latest firmware on my NAS (ReadyNAS NV+ RAIDiator). Do you think there would be any benefit in trying a NFS mount if I enabled it on my NAS? CIFS had worked fine in the past so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work?

Thanks,
Daniel

houge

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.

I have the exat same problems. Im also using CIFS.
The shares wroks fine on other pc´s and media boxes like WD TV box.
But they dont work on my VU+ Duo2, when added via the GUI.

Im very sure its a bug, because if i add the share to FSTAT and run FSTAT after the boks is booted, the share works.

Regards
Houge.

houge

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.

I have the exat same problems. Im also using CIFS.
The shares wroks fine on other pc´s and media boxes like WD TV box.
But they dont work on my VU+ Duo2, when added via the GUI.

Im very sure its a bug, because if i add the share to FSTAT and run FSTAT after the boks is booted, the share works.

Regards
Houge.
So it seems the box dont care about FSTAT when it boots, or disregards the commands in FSTAT.

fudgel

Vu+ Newbie
Hi houghe and KingNaples,

I just stayed on Black Hole 2.1.0.1 on never upgraded to any newer version in order to resolve the issue! I even tried Open Black Hole when that came out and the issue was still present on thqat version for me.

I'm working abroad at present for the next 2 months so I won't get a chance to try these suggestions until then. But when I get home I'll try adding the share to FSTAT after the box boots and then also adding 'rw,sec=ntlm' to see if that resolves the issue for me.

Thanks for your input,
Daniel