Mpeg 4:2:2 question

smogmonster

Vu+ Newbie
I know vu+ receivers do not support mpeg 4:2:2 signals. However, is it possible to record mpeg 4:2:2 and then play it via videolan displaying the picture?

I know you can do this with certain receivers, is this also the case with the vu+ 4k boxes?

If anyone can confirm I would be grateful.

Thianks for looking.

ciccio17

Vu+ Newbie
yes you can, and also you can watch live ! this on the pc with vlc. i have not found a way to make it work directly on the box.

Tururu

BH Lover
It would have to work the same, no match and do not use the 4K equipment for these channels, if it coincides look.
In the VU + DUO2 if I use videolang to see 4: 2: 2 by streaming, this same week seeing some technical links.
Perfect recordings with videolang.
I even made recordings of channels 4K (UHD) in the VU + DUO2, these to see, need a PC ponten + i5 and a good video card.

For if it is for 10ºEste.
Emission in 4K (UHD) in 4:2:2 has to be a very very powerful PC, with i5 nones.

First I would have to run streaming to a channel 4K (UHD), memory of a companion last year, or with i7, I do not comment the video card used.
For the test remember, the network has to be 1Gbs.
----
Tendria que funcionar igual, no coincidio y no use el equipo 4K para estos canales, si coincide mirare.
En el VU+DUO2 si uso videolang para ver 4:2:2 por streaming, esta misma semana viendo unos enlaces tecnicos.
Las grabaciones perfectas con videolang.
Incluso realizo grabaciones de canales 4K (UHD) en el VU+DUO2, estas para ver, necesitan un PC ponten +i5 y una buena tarjeta de video.

Por si es para 10ºEste.
Emision en 4K (UHD) en 4:2:2 tiene que ser un PC muy muy potente, con i5 nones.

Primero tendria que funcionar hacer streaming a un canal 4K (UHD), de memoria un compañero el año pasado, bien con i7, no comento la tarjeta de video utilizada.
Para la prueba recuerda, la red tiene que ser de 1Gbs.

PD: Sin olvidar el Biss/Without forgetting the Biss.:offtopic:

smogmonster

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the replies ciccio17 and Tururu.

Streaming is something I will look into, but if I can play back a recorded ts file through videolan that is enough for me right now.

nasiri1977

Vu+ Newbie
How to watch 4k channels on HD linux based satelite recivers:

There are two ways you can watch 4k channels on vuplus duo2 or any similar HD linux based boxes.
Solution1)
record the 4k channel and ftp it into your lap top to watch it.

Solution 2)
use KOODI on your smart tv or your laptop. This way Kodi does the job of decoding H265 which is required for watching 4k channels and is lacking in HD boxes.
ENJOY.

THIS WAS TESTED WITH DUO2

@nasiri1977 nice info but no need to post as comment all over the forum.
Better you start a therad since posting as comments in several diffrent topics/threads
is the same as spam and spam can earn you some truble like 1 week of bann ;)

Tururu

BH Lover
Hace 5 años, vale, pero ahora no merece la pena el gasto para ver estos canales 4K, un deco 4K son menos de 150€uros.
---------
5 years ago, okay, but now it is not worth the expense to watch these 4K channels, a 4K deco is less than 150 €uros.
There are two ways you can watch 4k channels on vuplus duo2 or any similar HD linux based boxes.
Solution1)
record the 4k channel and ftp it into your lap top to watch it.
Eso es casi mas viejo que yo/That is almost older than me.
Tambien vale para los canales 8K./Also valid for 8K channels.

Por cierto, los requerimientos del PC, para 4K (UHD) algo menos.
El equipo que tiene el compañero Satesco.
CPU i7 -7700 @ 3.60GHz Procesador Intel y tarjeta de video NVIDIA GTX1060 de 6GB.
Por supuesto, una tarjeta sintonizadora de PC-SAT como TBS6983 que son otros 230€uros mas.
Un buen monitor, de la resolucion apropiada para ver lo mejor posible.
Si haces streaming desde un deco, como siempre, red de 1Gb para no tener problemas (deco/Hub/PC).
Con que tenga sintonizador DVB-S2 ya lo puedes ver y grabar.
Una tabla de unas tarjetas de video por si quieres jugar, estas resoluciones soportan (aqui).
----------
By the way, the PC requirements, for 4K (UHD) somewhat less.
The team that has fellow Satesco.
I7 CPU -7700 @ 3.60GHz Intel processor and 6GB NVIDIA GTX1060 video card.
Of course, a PC-SAT tuner card like TBS6983 which is another € 230 more.
A good monitor, of the appropriate resolution to see the best possible.
If you stream from a deco, as always, 1Gb network to avoid problems (deco / Hub / PC).
With that it has DVB-S2 tuner you can already see and record it.
A table of some video cards in case you want to play, these resolutions support (here).

Estas fotos son del canal 8K en Astra 28.2ºE el 10-7-2019
These photos are from the 8K channel in Astra 28.2ºE on 10-7-2019

Satesco y stephan94.
Cambios28-10-7-2019a.png

Estas fotos tienen mas años, grabadas con Dreambox800S-HD y VU+DUO2 entonces.
These photos are older, recorded with Dreambox800S-HD and VU+DUO2 then.

24-8-2014.risa.gif
3.jpg

4.jpg

nasiri1977

Vu+ Newbie
@nasiri1977 nice info but no need to post as comment all over the forum.
Better you start a therad since posting as comments in several diffrent topics/threads
is the same as spam and spam can earn you some truble like 1 week of bann ;)
Ok sorry
I was about to spend alot of money on a 4k box. And i thought people may have the same issue and it could help them save up..

Never any problem when intentions are good my friend and point is taken :)

But you really get much for the money if you choose any of the Vu+ 4K boxes
Even if the Duo2 has been a good work horse and still is a good box.

By the way nice tips