Need help with tuner config toroidal dish with 8 lnb

BadBlake

Vu+ Newbie
My satbox is a Vu+ Duo2 with 2 twin tuners.
I just bought a used Wavefront toroidal dish with 8 lnb's and a EMP Centauri diseqc 1.1 switch for 8 lnb. Setting up the dish is easy enough but need help with tuner configuration. Can somebody give me a walkthrough on how to configure 8 lnb's?

nunigaia

My satbox is a Vu+ Duo2 with 2 twin tuners.
I just bought a used Wavefront toroidal dish with 8 lnb's and a EMP Centauri diseqc 1.1 switch for 8 lnb. Setting up the dish is easy enough but need help with tuner configuration. Can somebody give me a walkthrough on how to configure 8 lnb's?

Try configure it in advanced mode!

LNB1 - Input1
LNB2 - Input2
LNB8 - Input8

1.jpg

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

...and, obviously, choose each of your tuners for each LNB.
I suppose your LNBs have got only one output and that's why you mentioned to have only one switch.

Otherwise, if your LNBs have two OUTputs and you've got 2 switches, configure the tuner B exactly the same way you did for tuner A.
If your LNBs have only one output, the second tuner remains unused.

BadBlake

Vu+ Newbie
...and, obviously, choose each of your tuners for each LNB.
I suppose your LNBs have got only one output and that's why you mentioned to have only one switch.

Otherwise, if your LNBs have two OUTputs and you've got 2 switches, configure the tuner B exactly the same way you did for tuner A.
If your LNBs have only one output, the second tuner remains unused.

If I had a twin lnb and both connected to 1 diseqc, would I be able to record from 1 lnb and at the same time watch live from the same satellite? Or would I need 2 switches? Hope I made myself clear :)

AlexWilMac

If I remember well, I tried once such an odd thing. ;) And, yes, I think it worked.
But the usual situation is to have two switches, one for each tuner. Even because, your way, you need to sacrifice one satellite to assign its input of your switch to the other satellite equipped with a LNB with these 2 OUTs you hypothesize.
And, finally, if you had 8 LNBs each one with 2 outputs, you'd need 16 cables (along with 2 switches, of course) to fully take advantage of your two tuners.