Need Kodi 17.6 ipk for OBH 4.3 VU Duo2

funkmeister

Vu+ Newbie
Hope someone can help! I just flashed my VU+ Duo2 from OBH 4.1 to 4.3 but Kodi 18 downloaded from the feed doesn't run. I since found out that apparently the VU+ Duo2 can't run Kodi 18.

Kodi 17.6 was working on OBH 4.1 before I updated, so I'm hoping that it might also work in 4.3 if I can find the ipk.

Mick12334

I have a VU+ Duo 2, running the latest Kodi, 18.9, it can run that version, of KODI, but when trying to run a stream, it breaks up, and then stops, forcing you to re-boot. I usually get past that by downloading the stream, to my hard drive, but a lot of streams aren't allowing this option, giving the no stream available message, or a download of 0 Mb.

You will need to run Black Hole, to get Kodi 17.6, try it using the multi boot option.

AlexWilMac

Just you flashed, why didn't you choose the new OBH 4.4 instead of the 4.3? Maybe also the Kodi component is newer in 4.4. (I don't know 'cause I don't like Kodi).

funkmeister

Vu+ Newbie
I actually flashed OBH 4.4 first, but the catchup tv plugin I use crashed when I tried to run it. The plugin works perfectly in OBH 4.3. Also, restoring backups in 4.4 caused crashes and it seems to be fine in 4.3. I didn't even try Kodi in 4.4!

Last night I also flashed OBH 4.2 to see if that might work better, but again the catchup plugin crashed, so I stopped there and didn't try to install Kodi.

I might just end up restoring my 4.1 backup, but I would like to try Kodi 17.6 with 4.3 if I can get a suitable ipk.

funkmeister

Vu+ Newbie
I have a VU+ Duo 2, running the latest Kodi, 18.9, it can run that version, of KODI, but when trying to run a stream, it breaks up, and then stops, forcing you to re-boot. I usually get past that by downloading the stream, to my hard drive, but a lot of streams aren't allowing this option, giving the no stream available message, or a download of 0 Mb.

That sounds awful! I believe the issue is the chipset in the older VU+ boxes is not compatible with hardware acceleration in Kodi 18.

Mick12334

I doubt that is the problem, as I did get a stream, to play normally, but it was about 3 AM, when I couldn't sleep, and that had Kodi 18.8 version, now on Kodi 18.9.

I think it might be a buffering issue, or too many people using Kodi, as it's far preferable to ordinary television.

funkmeister

Vu+ Newbie
That's interesting! What version of OBH are you running? Did you install Kodi from the feed?

I installed Kodi 18 from the OBH 4.3 feed, but when I tried to run Kodi, it didn't start up and just returned to the plugin menu. I didn't get any further than that.

Mick12334

Open Black Hole 4.4, but prior to that I was testing the earlier version.
After testing Open Black Hole 4.4, I did notice that when I tried to return to an earlier version KODI would no longer work it installed, but when I went to run the plugin, it just failed to open, even after I deleted all the KODI folders, from my hard drive, I still couldn't get it to work, so returned to 4.4, and it was working again.

I didn't have time to test running the earlier version from multiboot, on Black Hole.