Need to Make a Back Up Please Advise ?

charlie2

Vu+ Newbie
as i want to make my stb more personal to me without hopefully slowing it down lol
My Vu+Duo I want to make a Back Up just in case things go wrong can some guide me through step by step on how to do so please ?

sidTM

Vu+ User
Hi

Menu-backup menu

There you can make a backup of the whole image or make a personal backup which will save most of your settings

If you have a hdd fitted, it's always good to do your backup onto that mate

charlie2

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

thanks for your speedy reply I have gone for full back up to my HDD it says will take 5-7 mins hope it works lol

Thanks Again

sidTM

Vu+ User
Hi,

thanks for your speedy reply I have gone for full back up to my HDD it says will take 5-7 mins hope it works lol

Thanks Again

Anytime anything goes tits just go back into menu-backup menu then full backup and restore

charlie2

Vu+ Newbie
it says execusion finished it says saved in hdd and also mentions image back for usb and placing usb in stb do i need to do that or only if i want to restore to this stage of something goes wrong in the future ?

sidTM

Vu+ User
I would take a full backup for the image and take a personal backup for all your settings as I'm sure the full image backup doesn't save settings, maybe someone with more experience on these boxes could answer that question for you

sidTM

Vu+ User
If
it says execusion finished it says saved in hdd and also mentions image back for usb and placing usb in stb do i need to do that or only if i want to restore to this stage of something goes wrong in the future ?

If you done a full backup then you have backed ip your image and if its on your HDD then the USB is not needed, but if you do have a usb I would do a personal backup to your USB

charlie2

Vu+ Newbie
If

If you done a full backup then you have backed ip your image and if its on your HDD then the USB is not needed, but if you do have a usb I would do a personal backup to your USB

I done a full back up on HDD so i should be ok yeah gonna look of hdd through fire ftp should see something there lol ?