New 4K receiver

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Hello, I'm looking for a new 4K Vu+ box, and I'm choosing Duo 4K.
Some dealer sells this box as Duo2 4K... could you please confirm this is the same box? Or Duo2 4K is a different and newer receiver than Duo 4K?
I'm interesting in multistream channels at 5 West. Probably I need DVB-S2X tuner with 45308 chipset, right?
Also, is it available a dual terrestrial tuner too? Or is it only 1 RF input in DVB-T2 tuners?
Sorry for so many questions but I'm a little bit stuck before buying. Thanks.

Matrix10

Administrator
1. VU+ Duo2 4K not exist, only VU+ DUO 4K
2. DVB-S2X tuner with 45308X FBC for Multistream
https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/recei...uner-uno-4k-/-ultimo-4k-8-demodulatoren?c=181
3. 1RF VU+ DVB-T2 Dual Tuner Uno 4K / Uno 4K SE / Ultimo 4K / Duo 4K
https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/recei...uno-4k-/-uno-4k-se-/-ultimo-4k-/-duo-4k?c=181

View Technical specification
  • Plug and Play MTSIF Dual DVB-T2 tuner for Ultimo 4K, Uno 4K SE, Duo 4K
  • allows to record channels from 2 DVB-T2 Muxes (frequency) simultaneously
  • Input frequency range: VHF 174~230MHZ, UHF 470~862MHZ
  • Bandwidth : VHF 174~230MHZ, UHF 470~862MHZ
  • Input Impedance: 75 Ohm
  • Tuner input / output: IEC connector

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Thank you Matrix10 for these very useful information.
Another question please: is this multistream tuner just an option to add in the second slot or can it be configured as primary tuner too?
My goal would be configuring my box with this tuner in slot A and terrestrial tuner in slot B. Is it possible? Thank you again.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Last question: I have my good old Duo2 that's working so well after 5 years, and I would like to upgrade terrestrial tuner with one DVB-T2 card. Is this card the same used in newer 4K boxes, or is it a different, older card? Thanks.

Tururu

BH Lover
The VU+DUO4K uses cards with a FBC connector, they are not compatible with those of the VU+DUO2.
VU+DUO2 uses the cards with the old normal connectors that are valid for the VU+Ultimo4K, it has 2 slot FBC and the 3 Slot C is compatible.

VU + DUO2 with DVB-T2 tuner (TDT2)
For information of the DVB-T2 channels in Germany, they will not be compatible with the new HD channels in DTT2 due to codec issues, in Spain there is a test broadcasting in 4K (UHD).
----------
El VU+DUO4K usa tarjetas con conector FBC, no son compatibles con las del VU+DUO2.
VU+DUO2 usa las tarjetas con los viejos conectores normales que valen para el VU+Ultimo4K, tiene 2 slot FBC y el 3 Slot C es compatible.

VU+DUO2 con tuner DVB-T2 (TDT2)
Por informacion de los canales DVB-T2 en Alemania, no seran compatiblebles con los nuevos canales HD en TDT2 por temas de codec, en España hay un test emitiendo en 4K (UHD).

FBC-DUO2-2a.png

Last edited: