New Member introduction

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all

I'm new to the forum and keen to learn.

I'm based in Auckland, New Zealand and have imported a Vu+ Duo 4k from the Uk with both DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 tuner cards installed. I'm running the latest BH

I've also installed a 2TB Toshiba SATA disk which seems to be working fine

I'm reading all the getting started content avidly and trying to mod the setup to make it usable as a replacement from my current Sly NZ box. I've had enough of Sly NZ since the content I first subscribed to is no longer available so once the Cricket World Cup is over I'll be subscribing to Spark so I can get EPL and Rugby World Cup

I've become expert at backing up and re-flashing as many of the mods seem to brick the box...

Picons for NZ seem to be a struggle, I've found and downloaded a set from Austech and installed in /media/usb/picon which seem to be correct but I'm still getting the generic BlackHole picon on every channel. Permission on the folder is 755 and 644 on all the png files. Total Commander is my best friend!If anyone has had success getting a really good setup for NZ, I'd appreciate your guidance

Picons should not be a problem no mather what country they are for as long as they are named coorect. If the Picons are old then they often have the wrong referance.

You can easy test this if you rename one picon and give it the same name as the channel.

As an Example for channel TVNZ 1 the picon namen should be tvnz1.png

If you now open that channel you should see the picon, sometimes a restart of enigma2 can be nessesery
If this works then you have some work to do ;) renaming all picons to service name but when done they will allways work as long as the channel dont change name

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks @Thomas67

Currently all the picons are named in a format like this: 1_0_1_3A5_6_A9_6400000_0_0_0.png

I had assumed that this was associated with the service/channel identifier. It looks like I have some editing to do :)

a911

The BH Lover
Thanks @Thomas67

Currently all the picons are named in a format like this: 1_0_1_3A5_6_A9_6400000_0_0_0.png

I had assumed that this was associated with the service/channel identifier. It looks like I have some editing to do :)

:welcome: NinjaFromNZ to the BH Fun Club!

I liked your post , very well put , Clear , and educational.

MyRGDS

a911

Hi they are 2 type of picons

1 Service Referance and they are named as desciobed above by NinjaFromNZ :) 1_0_1_3A5_6_A9_6400000_0_0_0.png they work greit as long as the provider dont change referance.

2 Service Name Picons and they use the real name of the channel as refrerance. Those type of picons works also very well with IPTV if channels are correct named.

If we look at the 1_0_1_3A5_6_A9_6400000_0_0_0.png name the first 1_0_1 is the name of DVB1 standard player we use for Sat channels.
So if the IPTV channel use standard 4097 as player then this picon want work and have to be renamed or re referanced.
And to day we have serviceApp that gives more options for IPTV players so we have 4097,5001,5002 and DVB1
Now you start to se the jungle of referance picons ;) But service named picons only use the channel name and thats much easier and better
Yes you might need to edit but when done you have them forever

Let us know how its working out for you :)

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the clear explanation

I’ve renamed tham all to use service names and put them on a USB stick so they survive reflashing and they are now being picked up by the channel bar

The set I had were 100px by 60px so were too small so I’ve created a set that are 220 x 132 and I’m using them. I had mixed success at first but it looks like there’s a max file size for them of around 30kb so you need to compress them when you save the png file

No luck yet displaying them on the channel list which is displayed when you push the up/down buttons on the remote or any of the EPG variants so if you have tips to solve that I’d be really grateful

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
New Zealand Freeview picon set attached 220 x 132

...and to display the picons in the channel list:
menu > setup > system > customise
scroll down to "show picons in channel list"

Attachments

• picon.zip
    294.6 KB · Views: 2