New user - tuner setup

gutted

Vu+ Newbie
Ok - satellite installer will fit a dish to my wall tomorrow. I agree that Solo2 and dish = expensive, but I'm happy that it'll be worth it.

I know I could have spent the same money on a couple of years of subscription service - but after a couple of years when the subscriptions expire, then I've got nothing again (unless I keep paying every year - which I DON'T want). I much prefer to spend money on my own receiver (rather than rent one from Virgin, Sky, etc) and pick up all the Freeview/Freesat stuff, and also have the option to mod my box if I choose.

If I can pick up Freesat from Astra(?) at 28.2 degrees, then I'll get most of the stuff I used to get on Freeview (and anything else - i.e. Dave, Fiver, Five USA etc) I can watch through the Freeview tuner on my TV, or perhaps can pick up through the USB DVB-T dongle. It's all starting to make more sense to me now :)

erregalbiati

Vu+ Newbie
Hard times to beginners. I was sent here by Paolino since posted in the wrong place the I'll repeat my questions with different words. I've got a new Duo2 starting from zero.
I want to install last image 2.0.5 but first must install VFE vs2. So just like that or I have to install 2.0.4, VFE vs2, update 2.0.5? Follows what? Plug in , LCD, ....is there a precise sequence? Could be assembled in USB media, a complete BH behavior with image , EPG, LCD, plug ins,etcs, leaved permanently behind the box in order to have the official and BH image? If yes how to manage the different images through box settings? Let's start with this but there is other. So confusion! Could you pls help!

yummer

BH Lover
Hard times to beginners. I was sent here by Paolino since posted in the wrong place the I'll repeat my questions with different words. I've got a new Duo2 starting from zero.
I want to install last image 2.0.5 but first must install VFE vs2. So just like that or I have to install 2.0.4, VFE vs2, update 2.0.5? Follows what? Plug in , LCD, ....is there a precise sequence? Could be assembled in USB media, a complete BH behavior with image , EPG, LCD, plug ins,etcs, leaved permanently behind the box in order to have the official and BH image? If yes how to manage the different images through box settings? Let's start with this but there is other. So confusion! Could you pls help!
I think you have to update boot loader first m8. Then flash image after

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-flash-a-vu-duo2-by-usb.13140/

erregalbiati

Vu+ Newbie
Many thanks to yummer, very kind . Infact I did read yr threads. Very useful but still small. I was thinking to a keep my hand and bring me safe to the other side. By the way, thank u.