Newbie help - How to move plugins from Vu to USB

Tonn

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys

I ran out of space on my Vu solo (OpenPli 7.2) I need to move my plugins onto my usb drive so as to release some space since the decoder is continuously buffering. I use only my device for E2istream plugin and to watch IPTV. I have an 8GB USB drive using flash expander.
I tried by doing the following, by moving the folder from the usr to the media/usb

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IPTVPlayer
/media/usb/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IPTVPlayer

And also arranged the settings file in /etc/engima2

but to no avail

Thanks in advance for your help and pls feel free to ask for any details that you would need.

AlexWilMac

Said that it is not the openpli forum, where you should ask for support , I’d follow a completely different approach: instead of complicated ways, I give you the advice of installing your images in multiboot, using the plugin OpenMultiboot.
It allows you to decide to use either a USB stick or your HDD to store multiple images.
This way, you have no flash issues.
And, my other advice is to try one of our images BH or OBH, particularly (as it's lighter and based on the same project of OpenPli) OpenBlackHole. You can put this both in flash as sort of launching image, and then also in multiboot, for the reasons said above.

Tonn

Vu+ Newbie
Said that it is not the openpli forum, where you should ask for support , I’d follow a completely different approach: instead of complicated ways, I give you the advice of installing your images in multiboot, using the plugin OpenMultiboot.
It allows you to decide to use either a USB stick or your HDD to store multiple images.
This way, you have no flash issues.
And, my other advice is to try one of our images BH or OBH, particularly (as it's lighter and based on the same project of OpenPli) OpenBlackHole. You can put this both in flash as sort of launching image, and then also in multiboot, for the reasons said above.
Thanks alot Alex.

I went with your suggestion and installed BH 3.0.9 Still trying to install and adjusting things. I am going through the forum when I get stuck so that I won't pester anyone here with already answered queestions. I will keep you posted with progress and again thanks for your help.

AlexWilMac

Well: I only hope that BH309 is not too heavy for your model. That's why I suggested to install in flash a lighter image as OBH is. Then in multiboot you can install whatever. Anyway, try this way to see if the result is satisfying.