No HDMI Signal

Phil Cummins

Vu+ Newbie
My HDMI port seems to be dead.

I have a VU+ Duo box, for around 2 months now. To begin with I used it on my FLat screen plasma TV via HDMI without any issues. I moved my box into another room and connected it to an old TV via a SCART cable and that also worked perfectly.

I've come to plug the box back into my Hd TV via HDMI but get no signal. I have tried to flash using different images but still nothing via HDMI. It still works great via SCART on the old TV. I have tried multiple ports and hdmi cables but no joy. The TV is fine as it show images from my PS3 and SKy box.

Any suggestions? If it is a duff HDMI port what warranty/support could I get. I bought the box from ebay a couple of months ago so not sure if the seller will swap the unit or offer to repair.

Thanks.

Phil Cummins

Vu+ Newbie
I've reflashed the image to the latest BH image, it is currently on the startup page. So it boots and then first screen it comes to is the video selection screen hdmi/scart etc.

If I have the box plugged into the old tv via SCART I can see the screen. If I turn it off, plug it into the HD tv via HDMI I get no picture at all, but can see the messages on the front panel.

yummer

BH Lover
Did you reflash whilst connected to old tv? I'd possibly try reflashing it again whilst connected to new TV to see if that works? Failing that like you said it could be a hardware fault. Unless anyone can guide you through av settings menu blind using remote?

Phil Cummins

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, I'll give it a go flashing on the new TV. I tired configuring it to the HDMI output when connected to the old tv and SCART, and also setting the refresh rates to auto and sved it. Picture fine on old TV, but when then plugged into the new TV via HDMI nothing.

I'll give it a go flashing whilst connected to the new TV, if not, I guess my discussions with the seller begin!

Thanks for your help

Phil Cummins

Vu+ Newbie
Well, I've got it working but only on Component, which If I'm not mistaken can still do up to 1080i. So looks like a duff HDMI port. Just as future reference, does anybody know a good place to send off for repairs?

Thanks for trying Yummer, but looks like hardware issue.