No services found

seleftheriou

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all,
I am completely new into satellite, so forgive me if my questions seem dump... :) I have a VU+ Solo box which was running Black Hole image (i am not sure which version) and suddenly stopped working. It was just showing the black hole logo and that was it. I decided to flash another image using the usb method, i tried several versions, some of which after the were installed i could just see a black screen. I ended up installing Black Hole 2.03. The problem is that when i scan for services nothing comes up.
I have two fixed dishes, one on HotBird and the other on Eutelsat. I set my tuner as follow:
Simple, DiSEqC A/B, Port A HotBird 13.0, Port B Eutelsta 7.0 E, Set Voltage and 22KHz YES, Send DiSEqc NO. My dishes are ok, because i put back my old DM500 and when scanning it finds services just fine.
What am i doing wrong...? Is there anything else i need to configure in settings in order to work?
Thank you in advance.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Have you downloaded any settings before scanning?
Have you performed a manual scan on a manually configured transponder?

seleftheriou

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Eragon, thanks for the reply. I did both an automatic and a manual scan. What settings do i have to download?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

seleftheriou

Vu+ Newbie
That's what they told me when i bought it...:) I made a search on the net to find out how to determine if it's a clone or genuine, but apparently nobody can tell for sure. If i believe what they say about some stickers that say v2, v3, etc. that indicate a clone, mine does not have that. I bought it from a retail shop in its original package.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Now, if you can no longer tune sat channels and this occurred after a sudden crash, it's likely that you have a hardware fault.

Last edited:

seleftheriou

Vu+ Newbie
That's for Vu+ Solo2, mine is Vu+ Solo. I found a similar post on vuplus.com for vu+ solo, but i have to remove the cover to check if it's a clone. I'll probably do it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for your time Eragon, i appreciate it.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Sorry to say that, mate, but as far as I can see, yours appears to more like a clone...:(
Look at the red rear connectors, at the smartcard reader's holes, at the differences in the power board, these things appear different than the original...