No Services

coolideas

Vu+ Newbie
I have being trying all ways of scanning to find channels without success. Read lots of replies on here and changed settings thinking it would resolve the issue but no success, so please help.
VU+ Solo2 BH 3.0.6 fixed dish single line to TunerB as manual said. I have configured the tuners done auto scan and done a few manual scans using lingsat info. the last one for film 4 found 12 services which was great but they don't seem to be accessable through the EPG, as in when I select Film4 nothing happens!

I am also unable to change the date from 1970! Help please.

coolideas

Vu+ Newbie
Ok just read another post, so changed Tuner A to not configured and now scanning and it seems to be finding channels. Fingers crossed.

any help with the date would be nice or maybe it will update now that it has found channels.

coolideas

Vu+ Newbie
OK so it found nearly 1000 channels but I can't view any of them! When I select any channel in EPG nothing happens!

Mick12334

Can you please post more details:
Satellite set up, dish/LNB's, fixed, motorized.
Satellites you can receive.
Channels you have scanned in.

You mention Film4, which is on Astra 2, 28.2E, the HD version is encrypted, only the SD version is clear.

AlexWilMac

What does it mean "when I select in EPG"?
Have you create one or more bouquets or have you put some channels in the Favourites one, existing by the default?
After that you'll have a proper channel list, accessible by their numbers or pressing UP/DOWN and then choosing them.

In Linux-based images you should take advantage of the concept of BOUQUET.
This is simply a group of channels where you can put whatever channel you like, terrestrial or sat. It's not like in traditional decoders where you have all your thousands of channels listed together.
Then you can move also the bouquets up and down the bouquets' list and the first bouquet in your order will assign the first numbers to its channels.
So, 1, 2, 3... will be the first channels of the first bouquet.
You can create your own bouquets and as many bouquets as you like; for instance: SPORTS, NEWS, and so on and a channel can be put in several bouquets, if you like.
All the other channels are always accessible pressing UP or DOWN and then the GREEN button (to select the satellite you want or the terrestrial services) or RED to show ALL your channels together.

The EPG is a completely different matter. Can you watch the FTA channels or not?

coolideas

Vu+ Newbie
Can you please post more details:
Satellite set up, dish/LNB's, fixed, motorized.
Satellites you can receive.
Channels you have scanned in.

You mention Film4, which is on Astra 2, 28.2E, the HD version is encrypted, only the SD version is clear.
Single dish fixed, single lnb, Looking at Astra 2 28.2.
Box has now scanned 1000 channels.

coolideas

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Alexwilmac.
It would help if I had a manual for Vu+ Solo2 so I could find all these menues! The link to the browser manual does not work on my Win10/Firefox.
I did come across Favourites for the channel list which would be great, but I like the sound of Bouquet, how do I access that feature?
Discovered that ZAP selects the channel, so one step forward, but only has it in top right part of screen, so need a manual!

AlexWilMac

And so? they are all.
28,2 has got 909 channels, at the moment.

There can't be any manual for this images: they are operative systems.
Do you have a manual for Windows or OsX? ;)

The more you use Internet to search for infos, the more you'll know.

Bouquets are accessed by UP/DOWN, as I said and then BLUE.
Then, as everywhere else, is important you explore the features pressing MENU on your remote.

coolideas

Vu+ Newbie
There is a manual for VU+ Solo2 to work in browser, it is posted in this forum but does not work for me, ie through windows 10 using Firefox.

Yes i am learning bits all the time through this forum, thanks.

AlexWilMac

The manual is from the producer Vu+ and regards the hardware and the original operative system (image) made by them.
There is no manual for the alternative operative systems like BH, OpenBlackHole, and so on...
The manual you found is a pdf, I suppose: you won't open a pdf by a browser!...
Download and use a pdf reader like acrobat, in case it's a pdf. But I'm almost sure it's the same you found on paper on your package.

Mick12334

You don't really need a manual, for the VU+ Solo 2, because it is an Enigma 2 based receiver, which you load software onto, like Black Hole, or Open Black Hole, which requires guides.
There are plenty of video guides, on youtube, that will help.
Plus there are lots of guides, on the forum, and many members who will be happy to help, so please post questions.
It's a bit of a waste just using your receiver as a FTA, Free to Air, receiver, as it's capable of so much more, including running KODI.
You can set your receiver to only search for clear, FTA, channels, which will get rid of a lot of the channels you can't view.

coolideas

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick12334. I have Kodi on too, but one thing at a time! One issue I have is lack of internet as I am on a remote island so not brilliant and may not work for tv watching. I used Netflix before but then more folk signed up for the internet on the island and it became impossible to watch, just buffering all the time. My Sky box had been playing up for the last year so I started looking for alternatives, hence I now own the Vu+.

Alexwilmac, cheers,I know how to view pdf's, the file was not pdf, it was browser manual, (it opens in your browser like a web page with all contents down the right hand side)please check it out under manuals on this forum.

AlexWilMac

Alexwilmac, cheers,I know how to view pdf's, the file was not pdf, it was browser manual, (it opens in your browser like a web page with all contents down the right hand side)please check it out under manuals on this forum.
Ok, but vu+ receivers, as i said, come also with a real manual, on paper and I asked: have you got it? or was your VU+ second hand without its manual?
I don't need to check this browser, you need if you need a manual in PDF, but not only in this forum... ;)

coolideas

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, but vu+ receivers, as i said, come also with a real manual, on paper and I asked: have you got it? or was your VU+ second hand without its manual?
I don't need to check this browser, you need if you need a manual in PDF, but not only in this forum... ;)
Sorry can't see where you asked me if I had the manual! I bought it secondhand so no manual.

Thanks Alexwilmac.
It would help if I had a manual for Vu+ Solo2 so I could find all these menues! The link to the browser manual does not work on my Win10/Firefox.
I did come across Favourites for the channel list which would be great, but I like the sound of Bouquet, how do I access that feature?
Discovered that ZAP selects the channel, so one step forward, but only has it in top right part of screen, so need a manual!

Press the help button on the remote and you got basic help on screen :)