OBH 0.1 stuck at starting....

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hi Guys.

I installed the latest OBH 0.1 and updated online. Everything was working fine for the last 2 dys. Today I switched it on and it is stuck at starting.... :(

Tried to reboot using the rear switch for 3 or 4 times same problem - same issue. Image not booting.

Finally, had to re-flash again with BH 2.1.6.1 :)

Tks

danidar

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
I got the same today... same box.. stuck at Booting blue screen.

error on telnet with dmesg:

UBI error: ubi_open_volume: cannot open device 0, volume 0, error -16

seems the root file system is corrupted...reflash needed.

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hi m8's

OBH 0.1 updated image 06/06 - Again stuck at starting...
1) Loaded the latest updated image OBH 0.1 in VU+ Solo2 flash and everything was fine.
2) Loaded the same image in new openmeoboot and same was working fine.
3) Tried updating online the image in Flash - Got some updates and after update rebooted the receiver VU+Solo2 = Again Stuck at Starting....

I dont know if this helps :
I used the same old USB stick formatted using BH Formatting wizard with ext 4 which was used in BH 2.1.6.1 for new openmeoboot updated 0.1 image (6/6/2015).
No addons/plugins installed in the new image.

I dont know what I am doing wrong.

Kindly assist.

Rgds
Supermario

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hi Guys

Got it sorted out after formatting USB stick again with formatting wizard on VU+Solo2 for openmeoboot.

Tks

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hi Guys

Got it sorted out after formatting USB stick again with formatting wizard on VU+Solo2 for openmeoboot.

Tks

UPDATE

I have the latest OBH 0.1 in flash of VU+Solo2, also updated online.
I have installed the following images on openmeoboot:
OBH 0.1 in openmeoboot and also the BH 2.1.6.1.

BH 2.1.6.1 boots and works very well in Openmeoboot.

The problem is that OBH 0.1 does not boot and is stuck at starting....
Finally, had to delete it from openmeoboot.

Any one facing this same problem. Tried is exercise 3/4 times

Thanks

Ev0

Admin
UPDATE

I have the latest OBH 0.1 in flash of VU+Solo2, also updated online.
I have installed the following images on openmeoboot:
OBH 0.1 in openmeoboot and also the BH 2.1.6.1.

BH 2.1.6.1 boots and works very well in Openmeoboot.

The problem is that OBH 0.1 does not boot and is stuck at starting....
Finally, had to delete it from openmeoboot.

Any one facing this same problem. Tried is exercise 3/4 times

Thanks

Yes it is a problem we are working on, I have managed to get it to boot a couple of times now on Duo2, but then when I try and do it again it fails.

We will let you if we manage to findout what the issue is.

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all,

just in case you need some feedback. I have the same issue in a Duo2. I installed Open BH and everything went fine. I configured to my need, added the remote server plugin and everything went OK. When I tried to install another plugin (weather plugin) and then tried to restart to finish the installation it kept on booting. I had to reflash again. After reflashing and configuring it again, suddenly a green screen and kept on rebooting.

I can upload the crash log if it helps (I have seen some in /media/hdd).

For the rest, and although I have returned for the time being to the normal BH until this is solved, I can only say that I love what I have seen from this new image. Good work and thanks a lot!

nunigaia

Hello all,

just in case you need some feedback. I have the same issue in a Duo2. I installed Open BH and everything went fine. I configured to my need, added the remote server plugin and everything went OK. When I tried to install another plugin (weather plugin) and then tried to restart to finish the installation it kept on booting. I had to reflash again. After reflashing and configuring it again, suddenly a green screen and kept on rebooting.

For the rest, and although I have returned for the time being to the normal BH until this is solved, I can only say that I love what I have seen from this new image. Good work and thanks a lot!

Upload please your crash log to see why you are getting this Gsod.

Best regards
nunigaia

jrbmw

Vu+ User
After similar problems on the duo2 .I found that it helps to reformat the usb drive every time you flash a fresh image.I also did a factory reset before re flashing so everything is new.One odd thing is when I use multiboot to go back from bh 2.1.6 to obh there are about 20 updates where it was up to date when I went to bh 2.1.6

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
After similar problems on the duo2 .I found that it helps to reformat the usb drive every time you flash a fresh image.I also did a factory reset before re flashing so everything is new.One odd thing is when I use multiboot to go back from bh 2.1.6 to obh there are about 20 updates where it was up to date when I went to bh 2.1.6

I have tested now with solo2 OBH in flash and BH on USB, I will test next time with Duo2
But I do not have this problem with updates.

About Usb stick , flash and multiboot
I always reformat USB stick on My PC (Fat32) before using in box .

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
Hello all,

Are you sure that the plugin works in Open Black Hole image.

Black Hole image is not 100% the same as the Open Black Hole image.
Maybe some plugin works and the other does not.
We do not test all plugins.

You can post your crash log.

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Hello all,

Some plugins dont work on obh .......shoutcast radio gives gsod but works perfectly on bh 2.1.6 and navix in xbmc gives script fail on obh
But as has been said ......obh is a fantastic image .Hopefully as these issuses become known the authors of the plugins will get them working

nunigaia

Some plugins dont work on obh .......shoutcast radio gives gsod but works perfectly on bh 2.1.6 and navix in xbmc gives script fail on obh
But as has been said ......obh is a fantastic image .Hopefully as these issuses become known the authors of the plugins will get them working

Shoutcast gives GSOD --> Where is the crashlog?
navix ???

Have you contacted the authors?

thank you
nunigaia

Matrix10

Administrator

1. First Uninstall shoutcast if you have installed from BH plugin server (green panel>>addons>>addons Uninstall Panel)
2. Main Menu >> Plugins>>Green Button>>Extensions>> and install shoutcast radio for OBH image with OK Button

Otherwise, it is more safe to install plugins from here if there for OBH image.
Or you try from both servers .

jrbmw

Vu+ User
1. First Uninstall shoutcast if you have installed from BH plugin server (green panel>>addons>>addons Uninstall Panel)
2. Main Menu >> Plugins>>Green Button>>Extensions>> and install shoutcast radio for OBH image with OK Button

Otherwise, it is more safe to install plugins from here if there for OBH image.
Or you try from both servers .

Thanks .....found it and up and and running

Last edited:

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
Are you sure that the plugin works in Open Black Hole image.

Black Hole image is not 100% the same as the Open Black Hole image.
Maybe some plugin works and the other does not.
We do not test all plugins.

You can post your crash log.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late answer, I've been very busy during the week. Here you are a couple of crashlogs.

Maybe the Tuner server plugin does not really work. If I have time, I will try without and see what happens. The only thing is that I need to stream from my Duo2 to another Duo which is in another room where there is no antenna connection. That is why I installed that plugin.

Anyway, I really like this image, so thanks for the good work done!

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1434909531.txt
    17 KB · Views: 3
  • enigma2_crash_1434920304.txt
    17 KB · Views: 4

Matrix10

Administrator
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late answer, I've been very busy during the week. Here you are a couple of crashlogs.

Maybe the Tuner server plugin does not really work. If I have time, I will try without and see what happens. The only thing is that I need to stream from my Duo2 to another Duo which is in another room where there is no antenna connection. That is why I installed that plugin.

Anyway, I really like this image, so thanks for the good work done!

I do not know what you have installed
but I see the error / crash with no existing font analog.ttf
Which box do you have
Do you have installed additional config for VFD LCD or for VU+ DUO color LCD Lcd4Linux ??

So i need info

BOX ?
SKIN
LCD config if any
So i can look if image BUG with this font or you have install additonal plugin/skin/config e.t.c

You can put this analog.ttf font in to /usr/share/fonts reboot and test

Attachments

• analog.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: