OBH 0.1 stuck at starting....

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
I do not know what you have installed
but I see the error / crash with no existing font analog.ttf
Which box do you have
Do you have installed additional config for VFD LCD or for VU+ DUO color LCD Lcd4Linux ??

So i need info

BOX ?
SKIN
LCD config if any
So i can look if image BUG with this font or you have install additonal plugin/skin/config e.t.c

You can put this analog.ttf font in to /usr/share/fonts reboot and test

Actually I did install additional config for VU+ DUO color LCD Lcd4Linux and then it was when it crashed. The two times it crashed I had that config.

My data are:

Vu+ Duo2
Openblackhole
Default skin
Lcd4config

As additional plugin I installed OBHTunerServer

Matrix10

Administrator
Actually I did install additional config for VU+ DUO color LCD Lcd4Linux and then it was when it crashed. The two times it crashed I had that config.

My data are:

Vu+ Duo2
Openblackhole
Default skin
Lcd4config

As additional plugin I installed OBHTunerServer

I think but im not 100% sure,
You have use Lcd4config from standard BH image
in Open Black Hole image.
Which if I remember do not have analog.ttf font by default in /usr/share/fonts

Solution.
add analog.ttf in the font folder
or create new one in Lcd4Linux or edit on PC a new configuration for Lcd4Linux using a font that exists within the image.
You can setup new font in LCD4linux settings >> Font global >>OK>>select the font
You can also delete font config in Lcd4linux file you have , or edit name for font and replace with one of existing fonts in /usr/share/fonts

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
I think but im not 100% sure,
You have use Lcd4config from standard BH image
in Open Black Hole image.
Which if I remember do not have analog.ttf font by default in /usr/share/fonts

Solution.
add analog.ttf in the font folder
or create new one in Lcd4Linux or edit on PC a new configuration for Lcd4Linux using a font that exists within the image.
You can setup new font in LCD4linux settings >> Font global >>OK>>select the font
You can also delete font config in Lcd4linux file you have , or edit name for font and replace with one of existing fonts in /usr/share/fonts

OK, I have just installed OpenBH again and I have configured everything except touching the Lcd4config. I will keep like that this week to check if it maintains stable. I also suspect that the problem was the Lcd4config, because I had the green screens after installing it, while I had been around one week running OpenBH without problems.

I will update you after some days of testing.

Thanks a lot!!!

nunigaia

OK, I have just installed OpenBH again and I have configured everything except touching the Lcd4config. I will keep like that this week to check if it maintains stable. I also suspect that the problem was the Lcd4config, because I had the green screens after installing it, while I had been around one week running OpenBH without problems.

I will update you after some days of testing.

Thanks a lot!!!

I have Open Black Hole 0.1 installed on my DUO2, installed from the feeds the updated version from Lcd4Linux last version ( note: from the addons feeds ), don´t have any issues regarding Lcd4config, that is the same configuration i run from long time ago since Lcd4Linux ver 4.1R1 ( i used on Blackhole 2.1.4 ).

So, if you want to run, lastest version of this plugin Ver 4.5R5 on OBH, you must use version from the feeds, and not other one than this!

best regards
nunigaia

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
I have Open Black Hole 0.1 installed on my DUO2, installed from the feeds the updated version from Lcd4Linux last version ( note: from the addons feeds ), don´t have any issues regarding Lcd4config, that is the same configuration i run from long time ago since Lcd4Linux ver 4.1R1 ( i used on Blackhole 2.1.4 ).

So, if you want to run, lastest version of this plugin Ver 4.5R5 on OBH, you must use version from the feeds, and not other one than this!

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia,

thanks for the info. I will try that just for the sake of testing.

I reinstalled OpenBH yesterday and I have been "playing" with it to check if it is stable. Up to now no problem. I modified the LCD4Linux using the plugin and no problem either. Probably, as Matrix10 indicated, the problem was in the lcdconfig that I used (which was the one I was using in BH).

Thanks a lot and best regards!

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
Last feedback. After almost one week, no further problems detected. It is clear that the problem was using a LCD4linux config for BH.

Thanks a lot for your help!