OBH backups sort order... wrong

AlexWilMac

This is just a little request for coders.
OBH backups have their names (fortunately) built with the date of the backup.
Unfortunately, though, the Backup Manager lists the backup files not in alphabetical order but based on their creation date.
This is a problem in all those cases where you copy an old file into the backup location.
I also tried to change the attributes by a software but it didn't succeed because it seems it doesn't have the permission to do it.
Obviously, if you browse the path location by an FTP client, you have the file sorted in alphabetical order, that means also from the latest to the oldest or viceversa, if you like, because this is exactly the comfort of the date in the format yyyy-mm-dd-hh.mm.
It's a pity that the plugin does not use the same alphabetical (and then date) order, in my opinion.

nunigaia

@Alexwilmac

In accounting terms, there are several stock media processes!
FIFO, LIFO, Average Cost Price, Unit Cost ...

In your case, you can, before backup your settings do a settings "prefix" , i.e, set your personal definitions for backing up your settings.

1) Press Menu button

SC_01.jpg

2) Change the prefix before backup and set ( if you want ) the additional settings.SC_02.jpg

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Yes, I've always done that, since the time I needed AutomaticFullBackup. ;)
That's why I wrote my message: because the Backup Manager doesn't take advantage of this feature and does not use the alphabetical order but the date creation order of the file and this makes the clever naming of OBH useless.
As you can see in my picture, a couple of files are out of the alphabetical order (but there are others in the next page) just because B.M. order them by the creation date, one of the attributes of any files.
I had put these files manually and, obviously, the system gives date a date newer than the original ones.
But the issue would be easily solved if B.M. used the (reverse) alphabetical order, that's also the most logic one. This would list them always starting from the newest.

Attachments

• OBH-BACKUPS.jpg
    OBH-BACKUPS.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 13