offline?

Fer

Vu+ Newbie
Is that the same EPG info?

What server is that? Url?

@Rytec,
could you please update BH service list like you did with PLi? (more servers)

remek30

Vu+ Newbie
I have a problem with the epg for the channels received by Polish Rytec_Poland - do not display Polish characters. Will it be fixed?

Rytec

It is BH team who needs to update their epg import plugin with my url's so in case when the standard site is down it automaticaly looks for another site.
When they have done this then it will be more stable as it is already in OpenPli and VIX.

But who is responsible for this epg plugin in BH? it seems I get no answer when I ask about this.

bh4me2

Vu+ Newbie
It is BH team who needs to update their epg import plugin with my url's so in case when the standard site is down it automaticaly looks for another site.
When they have done this then it will be more stable as it is already in OpenPli and VIX.
Ok so I manually updated this on my box with BH but where's benluk gone? I need them in 1 file as it was on rytecs site.
(ps no othing epg system works without crashing the box eventually then a manual epg.dat push, it would help if you could offer 5 or 6 day epg.dat files, ea. benluk/epg.dat7.gz and benluk/epg.dat5.gz as most 7 day systems just overloads the box)

Matrix10

Administrator
I've tested the EPG in different images,
there is definitely no ideal solution for EPG
except one more memory
all other solutions is the compromise.

BH clean image without major extras
can accept at least 4 providers.
I have test with all providers in one 26 mb Epg.dat
no crash but problems with stability
fror example System menu
lack of memory.
Of course, the more installed plugins/addons in the image , less memory
for EPG

So the users have to decide which are priorities for them.
Memory is not a bottomless pot
only if it is so great that you have no problems

Some images force the EPG in to memory
and do not give a chance to enigma to clean memory/remove epg
preventing crash and
result of this is the instability of the image,
or endless reboot/reload with to much epg.
Conclusion:
So choose a few most important providers
and doe not make unnecessarily epg updates.

Of course, limiting the size of the EPG
(limiting the number of days)
for some of you would be straightforward solution
but I'm not coder for epg data and image epg
so I do not know whether it is easy to make.

=================================================

In connection to the servers problems we will have good news.
Very soon.

bh4me2

Vu+ Newbie
If this is a memory problem why don't the coders use diskspace? this will remain a problem until the cows come home, harddisks are fast enough to get epg data when you need it instead in stuffing in into ram. It is nothing new, look at sql server, you can tune that to use 256mb of ram(which is barebone) and the rest is on disk and with epg we're not talking about many gb's. So epg coders, keep memory footprint to a minimum and use diskspace=problem permanently solved.

Matrix10

Administrator
So perhaps it would be straightforward solution
but for now this is the way in which E2 using EPG
This system is not perfect but it is probably the fastest
As far as I understand it.
the new boxes will probably not have this problem because RAM is large enough.

bh4me2

Vu+ Newbie
Or maybe some sort of manual how to enlarge ram or how to add ram via diskspace(not swap) or usb-disk, usb sticks are cheap and as fast as ram, maybe a script that maps usb-stick space to ram-space?

Vuvuzela

Vu+ Newbie
This morning I flashed my VU+Duo with BH 1.6.1. Afterwards it's impossible to get my two Rytec Epg's, which are Rytec_UK and Rytec_DE. I only get the message "Sorry connection failed".

Is there a problem in BH 1.6.1 here, or maybe the Rytec-server is down? Anyone who knows anything about this?

Tamaki

Administrator
This morning I flashed my VU+Duo with BH 1.6.1. Afterwards it's impossible to get my two Rytec Epg's, which are Rytec_UK and Rytec_DE. I only get the message "Sorry connection failed".

Is there a problem in BH 1.6.1 here, or maybe the Rytec-server is down? Anyone who knows anything about this?
I've juust tried wirh rytec_skyuk and all is ok.
CHeck your internet connection if it is ok.