Online update 3.0.4.E

Contact99

Vu+ User
I was told today that updating the BH image over the net is ok (Uno/Ultimo 4K) with a internal 2.5 inch 3.5 inch hard drive still connected but the only issue you have is ONLY if you have external USB connected on any port front or rear for anything. Is this True

nunigaia

I was told today that updating the BH image over the net is ok (Uno/Ultimo 4K) with a internal 2.5 inch 3.5 inch hard drive still connected but the only issue you have is ONLY if you have external USB connected on any port front or rear for anything. Is this True

No, this is for flashing procedure.

"ONLINE UPDATE " does not require what i told here --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/online-update-3-0-4-e.34985/#post-239397

best regards
nuniga

AlexWilMac

I tried today to see if the issue had been solved after such a long time but it has not. I noticed that the crash occurs always when the update is trying to download the "udev" module. Anyway, BH is no longer my main image and it was just a curiosity. This long time means, I suppose, the issue is all in VU+ responsibility because it's never happened something like this because of BH team. It is VU+ team not responsive to an issue, as usual.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
I was getting the green screen when updating and it was like you, when trying to download the "udev" module. Then I realised I still had my usb stick in the box. I tried again with it removed and the update got alot further on. I still got the green screen but it shows as updated to 3.0.4.E. However I forgot I still had my 3.5 Hard Drive installed. I`m not going to try again as the Ultimo 4k is working perfectly well. I will remove my Hard Drive when the next update comes along.

meekey.

AlexWilMac

No, it's not the internal HDD. I've been updating for years and ALWAYS with internal HDDs connected. Besides... it's a bit difficult, in my case, to disconnect HDD because BH is now running only from OMB and OMB is installed in the HDD ;)
But, as I said, never ever the internal HDD has been an issue to any of my many updates.
The problem, as you see, is very well known. I did even want to post anything if not to blame VU+ coders, because BH ones are surely not responsible.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Yeah I`ve never had a problem over the years updating with the HDD attached. But considering I`ve never had a problem in the past with a usb stick still attached it can`t be a coincidence that my update went further when I disconnected it. I`m not giving blame to anyone I just did what I`ve read on different forums. It`s not a problem to me, my ultiko 4k is working perfectly.

meekey.

AlexWilMac

You had two issues at the same time: the first just yours, the second general. At least you solved the one possible to solve. ;)