Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Black Hole 0.1 update 19-06-2015 Vu+ Solo

Discussion in 'OpenBH Vu+ Solo images' started by Ev0, Jun 18, 2015.

1. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

I´m not shure, don´t test it, if you can use Blackhole 2.1.4 B for Solo, on Open Multiboot ...
    You can test it of course. Don´t have solo to help you.

best regards
    nunigaia

Marley likes this.
  2. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

Ok when I'v got a 15 minutes cans I will try to flash my solo with open Black Hole image and format my pendrive again FAT32
    From then on I will start using Open Black Hole ......
    Just a question on the pendrive I cannot install more different Black Hole images since I start download picons ?

3. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

Of course you can ... format ( usb pen drive, or use for it another one, if you have it ), when you not need it ... inside your your STB ...
    Initialize it as i said on tuto, regarding Open Multiboot Guide, that you can find here ... Filesystem EXT4 ... map it as /media/usb .

Follow the guide here --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-use-open-multiboot-on-open-black-hole.23270/

With this you can make it work on Open Blackhole, and using Open Multiboot you can use too Blackhole 2.1.7 and severall images referred and tested!

best regards
    nunigaia

Marley likes this.
  4. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

Thanks very much friend for your help.....appreciated
    I will do exactly how you told me ....I will flash my solo with Open Black Hole 0.1 updated and then use multiboot for Black Hole 2.1.7.

Hopefully I can download the picons :)

5. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

Its ready :) now I'v got Open Black Hole 0.1 in my Vu flash

I follow your thread how to install open meoboot and I did it too (i found it very helpfull)
    The only problem that I found how to send another image (Black Hole 2.1.7) because I use DCC instead of filezilla.
    Once I found another thread in another forum which I use this system before when I got meoboot and but I'm not sure if it work for open meoboot too.

6. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

Usen instead Open Multiboot you can found it on plugins and it´s embedded on image!

Note: Don´t install any multiboot plugin outsider of image ( cause it will not work ). And with DCC you can upload images to /media/usb/openmultibootupload folder on your USB pen Drive...

best regards
    nunigaia

Marley likes this.
  7. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

Ok I'v got the results

1> I tried to download the picons, list in previous post but nothing happen even the folder usb/picons didn't appear when I try to find with DCC.

2> I tried the Black Hole Image 2.1.7, it installed well in open multiboot (and it appear in open multiboot list ) but when I try to change the image via multiboot it does not load on Vu+ solo

Could all this happen because Vu solo now it's an old receiver and it's about time to invest in a modern Vu ?

Thanks very much for the help

8. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

1) - The folder trace is ---> /media/usb/picon .... you should have your USB pen drive mapped as /media/usb

If you download from feeds and install it using your remote control ... the ipk will create for you the folder /picon on the root of your /media/usb ... you have to reboot and must leave allways your USB pen drive connected to your STB.

2) - It takes about 10 or 12 minutes to extract ( unpack ) the zip image uploaded to OPENMULTIBOOTUpload

As i told ... don´t have a solo ... to test it!

best regards
    nunigaia

Marley likes this.
  9. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

Yes I gave time and it takes a while to extract (unpack)
    The usb pen drive yes it's mapped as media/usb.

To be honest now I'm trying another image in ( Open Multiboot ) but It's not Black Hole it's another Arthur, i don't think I can named it because of the Board rules.

But later on as soon as I got the result I will give the results if it's positive or negative. regarding image via open multiboot.

10. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

And what about picons? It will work!

11. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

Now I came with the last results.
    I'v tried another image in open multiboot which is not Black Hole and the Vu have stopped working at all (black screen and no connection to TV)
    So I decided to remove the usb stick and switch it back on and it works with the image of the flash which is open Black Hole 0.1.

I think that the open multiboot does not work with Vu+solo.

Has any one who see or read this thread (which are many) are using open multiboot on Vu+solo ?
    so I can check what is the problem.

Thanks in advance

No the picons file in usb stick never appear / exist after I tried to download picons

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  12. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

Have you made the ONLINE UPDATE of your Open Blackhole 0.1 image?

13. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

Yes and it works / updated

14. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

After several of time thinking what maybe goes wrong I came for conclusion,
    could be that I didn't partition the usb stick- pen drive in more then one partition ?
    I leave the whole pen drive 8GB in 1 partition.

15. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

Hi, severall users have issues with 2, 4, 8 GB Usb pen drivers. I have one atached on my Duo2, only one partition of 16 GB, and fortunately, none issues, on OpenMultiboot, picons, and other configurations regarding LCD4Linux.

grab.jpg

Marley likes this.
  16. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

I don't know what the problem could be .
    Tomorrow I flash again the solo and format again the stick and start again from scratch.
    maybe while I update or during flash the solo there maybe something wrong.

I wish if someone is using the solo with open multiboot write down here

nunigaia likes this.
  17. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

Last result
    1 After I flashed the solo, as I started to download the picons the Vu starts many crash logs (green screen) and the folder usb/media/picons never appear when I checked with DCC.

2 I gave another flash image (always open black hole 0.1) Then I try to use open meoboot with diffrent images, I try the latest Blakhole image 2.1.7 on the usb stick and every thing goes well (I checked the folders with DCC and they appear there) then I install it and it takes some time , then when I try to boot the blackhole image the Vu solo never starts.

Now I'v just give up try to use open meoboot.

I don't think that Vu+solo can work with open meoboot.
    Shall I use the Black hole image 2.1.7 and use the open black hole on multiboot with other different images ?

18. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

First of all the root trace for picons it's not /media/usb/picons but:

--> /media/usb/picon

Note: You have to leave your usb pen drive allways connected on your STB.

For Open Multiboot use instead:

1) - On Flash Image --> Open BlackHole 0.1

To use Open Multiboot on your USB PEN DRIVE, you have to format it as EXT4 ( FS ).

You can use too, the same usb pen drive to upload your picon files.

best regards
    nunigaia

Marley likes this.
  19. Marley

Marley Vu+ Newbie

hello my friend,
    Yes all that what you written I did it all regarding format it as EXT4 ( FS ).

I wish if someone here is using Vu+ solo with open Black Hole and open multiboot write down here to see
    If I'm doing something wrong or not, because I'm very careful of what I'm doing and I'don't know why it's coming wrong.

Regarding the picon now I download them in the flash memory and everything goes well, at least I'v got the picons and I'm very happy with.

I'd like if I can solve this problem so at least I should use other open images.

20. paraba70

paraba70 Vu+ Newbie

grazie