Open BlackHole Online Update

python 14

Vu+ Newbie
openbh 4.2.000 when will be release? are they gonna be flash one or online?
the new release have new skin?
I really hope the OpenWebif new theme bug will be fixed in this release

AlexWilMac

Why not asking about 4.99 or the 5.0? It's not the release number what matters, but the stability and the features. And The 4.1.35, apart from some little bug (not affecting every models, though) is no longer an experimental version as they had been the 0.1 and the 0.4. Already the 0.6 was more of a stable version than of a beta.
The new skins are already available even now.

hall9000

Vu+ User
Hello

How to solve the annoying problem about software update?

Always appears only 1 update to be made ......:(

Thanks ;)

Hall

AlexWilMac

Probably you use OBH in OMB (multiboot), do you? So the OpenMultiboot plugin is a process already running and you can't update it while in use.
It is something discussed many times in this forum.

AlexWilMac

To understand what is the component that does not complete the update you could try to update by the Telnet command
opkg update && opkg upgrade
so to read backwards the terminal lines.

hall9000

Vu+ User
vuduo2 login: root
Password:
root@vuduo2:~# opkg update && opkg upgrade
Downloading http://feeds.vuplus-community.net/openbh/4.1/vuduo2/3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openbh-3rdparty'.
Downloading http://feeds.vuplus-community.net/openbh/4.1/vuduo2/all/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openbh-all'.
Downloading http://feeds.vuplus-community.net/openbh/4.1/vuduo2/mips32el/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openbh-mips32el'.
Downloading http://feeds.vuplus-community.net/openbh/4.1/vuduo2/vuduo2/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openbh-vuduo2'.
Downloading http://feeds.vuplus-community.net/openbh/4.1/vuduo2/vuduo2_3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openbh-vuduo2_3rdparty'.
Not selecting enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal 2018082501 as installing it would break existing dependencies.

AlexWilMac

E quindi lo vedi nell'ultima riga: è Mediaportal che non si può aggiornare. Evidentemente è un plugin programmato male, perché una cosa del genere non mi è mai successa (se non con Openmultiboot, ma lì è inevitabile perché quel processo DEVE essere in uso per far funzionare le immagini non in flash).
Probabilmente l'unica è disinstallarlo e reinstallarlo, così si installerà direttamente la versione più recente.

AlexWilMac

I think that Admins might close this thread, because its object is now misleading. Or they might change the object as something like: "OBH online update available". ;)

nunigaia

I think that Admins might close this thread, because its object is now misleading. Or they might change the object as something like: "OBH online update available". ;)

The topic was moved to:

Open BlackHole Online Update.

best regards
nunigaia

ali-akbar

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
The new open black hole 4.2 has a problem. The image is installed on the vu + solo 4k, but not booted.
Please fix the bug?
Thankful

AlexWilMac

Really??? Can you imagine the many OBH users not saying anything about this little thing? Please, don't joke. Why do you say so? Have you seen the first wizard to configure the resolution, the tuners and the channels? Is not, perhaps, you chose a wrong resolution or you did not add any channels?
Or, instead, maybe you believe you succeeded in installing it, but you haven't.
Explain, explain, explain and be as more detailed as possible about your problem.

ali-akbar

Vu+ Newbie
Really??? Can you imagine the many OBH users not saying anything about this little thing? Please, don't joke. Why do you say so? Have you seen the first wizard to configure the resolution, the tuners and the channels? Is not, perhaps, you chose a wrong resolution or you did not add any channels?
Or, instead, maybe you believe you succeeded in installing it, but you haven't.
Explain, explain, explain and be as more detailed as possible about your problem.

I'm not familiar with the system. I've installed an image more than 100 times. But this one hangs at the very first moment of the boot, and whatever I wait, I did not boot.
There is also a problem with upgrading online.
There was no problem before the new version was presented.
Is it possible to wait a lot longer to boot the image?

Ev0

Admin
I'm not familiar with the system. I've installed an image more than 100 times. But this one hangs at the very first moment of the boot, and whatever I wait, I did not boot.
There is also a problem with upgrading online.
There was no problem before the new version was presented.
Is it possible to wait a lot longer to boot the image?
I think you should download the image again, and then reflash your box again

Mick12334

Are you being asked to use a backup image, during loading?
If so select OK then follow the onscreen guides, to avoid installing the backup.
If this isn't the problem please describe how far you get, during installation.