Open Multiboot sucks?

BadBlake

Vu+ Newbie
I'm using a Vu+ Duo2 in client mode, and I just installed open multiboot. I have OpenBH 4.2.048 in flash and I installed OpenPli 7.1 in multiboot. Configured the Pli image to fallback mode so as to receive channels and EPG from my Server (also a Duo2 running OpenATV 6.3 image). After getting the channel list in Pli image and choosing my first channel -the response time from when I enter my RC command to the time the tuner responds -2 or 3 seconds go by. Every command is accepted from my RC, but it takes 2 or 3 seconds before the command is carried out by my Duo2. This occurs every time I give a RC command.
Why? Can somebody please tell me why? Seems to me using the fallback mode really slows things down in this case, but is there anything I can do to remedy the situation?

Well first of all we can surtenly establish this is not an OpenMultiboot issue.

I guess this is a fallback setup problem

Are you only using fallback or do you also have your built in tuners setup?
If you only use fallback and not the built in tuners then try and set them to disable.

I like the RemoteChannelStreamConverter plugin better
And to be honest i have try Fallback only once ;)

But i am 99% surten it has nothing todo with OpenMultiboot

nunigaia

I'm using a Vu+ Duo2 in client mode, and I just installed open multiboot. I have OpenBH 4.2.048 in flash and I installed OpenPli 7.1 in multiboot. Configured the Pli image to fallback mode so as to receive channels and EPG from my Server (also a Duo2 running OpenATV 6.3 image). After getting the channel list in Pli image and choosing my first channel -the response time from when I enter my RC command to the time the tuner responds -2 or 3 seconds go by. Every command is accepted from my RC, but it takes 2 or 3 seconds before the command is carried out by my Duo2. This occurs every time I give a RC command.
Why? Can somebody please tell me why? Seems to me using the fallback mode really slows things down in this case, but is there anything I can do to remedy the situation?

Is it your Network cabled or you are using Wifi?
Duo2 has ethernet Gigabit port, is your LAN 1000bps capable? ( this is for your cable types and for your router or switch capability ).
What happens, if you use on your SERVER and CLIENT ( the same image ), even if you are using Open Multiboot?

best regards
nunigaia

BadBlake

Vu+ Newbie
I chose Client Mode after disabling both tuners. I guess its pretty much the same as the fallback configuration. I have tried the RemoteChannelStreamConverter and it works a lot better but it doesn't allow streaming of IPTV channels. Just doesn't work, so that's why I'm on Client Mode. I want to be able to view my IPTV channels from my client Duo2.

BadBlake

Vu+ Newbie
Is it your Network cabled or you are using Wifi?
Duo2 has ethernet Gigabit port, is your LAN 1000bps capable? ( this is for your cable types and for your router or switch capability ).
What happens, if you use on your SERVER and CLIENT ( the same image ), even if you are using Open Multiboot?

best regards
nunigaia
I haven't tried having the same image on both Server and Client. My network is cabled with Gbit port. Excellent speed.