open multiboot

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Cant get obh meoboot to work.Using vuduo2 with latest obh in flash and bh 2.1.6 in meoboot.When the duo2 tries to boot bh 2.1.6 it just reboots the obh image. Usb formatted to ext4 and media usb.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Disable meoboot on 2.1.6 (SpeedUp panel) and instead use OpenMultiboot also within BH 2.1.6.;)

jrbmw

Vu+ User
It wont boot bh 2.1.6 so I cant disable anything As I said when I select next boot bh 2.1.6 it reboots the obh image. Tried reflashing a new image

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Have you upgraded OBH to the new today release just before this problem appeared?
Have you ever been able to boot 2.1.6 from Open MultiBoot?

nunigaia

Disable meoboot on 2.1.6 (SpeedUp panel) and instead use OpenMultiboot also within BH 2.1.6.;)
It wont boot bh 2.1.6 so I cant disable anything As I said when I select next boot bh 2.1.6 it reboots the obh image. Tried reflashing a new image

I´ll recommend seriously to iniatialize your USB PEN DRIVE, instead of deleting the OPENMULTIBOOT and OPENMULTIBOOTUpload inside it!

It´s recommended to install a new and fresh image before using Open Multiboot for OBH.

Make sure you don´t have any directorys on your USB Pen Drive or HDD.

Sorry to cross posts:

You must do all as @Ev0 says regarding your STB.

1) Update versions following the steps:

To add the 3rd Party plugin feeds to your image you will need to do the following:

1) Goto Green panel -> Addons and click on Online Black Hole image update as normal.

Then you will need to:

2) Telnet into your box and digit commands:
Code:
opkg update
opkg install 3rd-party-feed-configs

or, instead of this:

download the newer version from today ( of course regarding your STB ), and install it from scratch!

Then take a look to the Howto Guide --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-use-open-multiboot-on-open-black-hole.23270/

And follow carefully the steps.

For BLACKHOLE ON MULTIBOOT as @Ev0 recommends go to Blackhole App´s ( on Blackhole image booted ) , and disable MULTIBOOT on turning it from YES to NO. This is not necessary, but is only for to avoid confusions between MULTIBOOT vs OPEN MULTIBOOT.

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

Shiro

BH-C
You need to flash your duo2 with the today OBH image because the current version of OBH is not yet available via image update.

jrbmw

Vu+ User
I have downloaded the latest obh today and and started with a fresh image ...reformatted and re partioned my usb stick.and re mounted them .
I have done this twice with the same result. The previous version of multiboot I had working with bh 2.1.6. open atv and pli images

nunigaia

I have downloaded the latest obh today and and started with a fresh image ...reformatted and re partioned my usb stick.and re mounted them .
I have done this twice with the same result

What result? You must upload the Blackhole Image zip file to OpenMultibootUpload directory on /media/usb and click install ( on OpenMultiboot plugin running OBH in flash ) to unpack Blackhole Image, before booting to Blackhole 2.1.6.1..!

Ev0

Admin
Please be careful with your question.

Meoboot and Openmultiboot are not the same plugins.

We did release a very beta version of Meoboot for OBH but it was quickly discontinued in favour of OpenMultiboot.

If you have any previously installed images (either Meoboot or OpenMultiboot) on your system (usb or hdd) then you should remove all of these from your devices, and then fresh flash (without any backups) with todays release.

Once you have a fully clean install, please try putting a freshly downloaded version of BH 2.1.6.1 into Openmultiboot and try again.

I have 12 images installed in OpenMultiboot on my Duo2 and all of them are booting just fine (including Bh 2.1.6.1 and VTi 8.2.2 which technically are the hardest images to make compatible with OpenMultiboot).

Shiro

BH-C
I will try again .The only backup I used was the settings.

You are right it was not working.
There is an online update available.
Please update the image, delete previous bh and try to install again.
Le me know if it works.

nunigaia

I will try again .The only backup I used was the settings.
You are right it was not working.
There is an online update available.
Please update the image, delete previous bh and try to install again.
Le me know if it works.

Here ... all working great ... i´ve installed fresh image and updated 2 packages about 12:30 GMT
Now updating 3 more packages, regarding open-multiboot;
Changed image to image no issues found, until now!

STB: DUO2

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Downloaded fresh images reformatted usb.Mltiboot loaded bh 2.1.6 ok .The only problem was the setup wizard ,brightness,language ,hdmi etc kept on repeating
I had to exit the wizard each time and not load any settings which left me with a blank image .After setting the image up I reflashed obh the back to bh 2.1.6 and all was ok.
The setup wizard repeating itself was the same on the last version of Multiboot.
I did all this before I updated the last 3 updates to obh

Gordon55

Vu+ Newbie
Hi folks,
1st, many thanx to all people developing this excellent OpenMultiBoot !!
I followed the recent conversation of meo in OpenPLI forum as well, and just as you released it here today , I tested it this afternoon ... I installed 2 images, Plugin said, everything ok, but when I tried to boot any of the 2 images, my Solo² got stuck with black screen ....
  • I had a problem with my 8 GB USB stick : manually formatted with 3 partitions : 512MB Fat32, 4GB ext4 for picons, epg, backups, ans the rest about 3.5 GB in ext4 only for Multiboot
  • surprisingly the MultiBoot partition was about 20% used, but file creation was not possible ... disk full.
  • after an "aha", i checkrd the inodes .... (df -i) , the USB partions had only max. 3000-4000 inodes !!
  • I reformatted the partion : mkfs.ext4 -t ext4 -T huge /dev/sdb3, resulting in about 65000 inodes
  • now 2 images installed in Multiboot, they booted fine.
  • each image uses about 8-10k inodes , but only max 250MB disk space !!
  • then I found out that there are new updates as Shiro stated .... but til now I did not have the time to check them, I'll do it later.
@Ev0 : can you please tell me a) the size of your stick with 12 images and b) how you format it and c) how many inodes you have (df -i on that device.) thx in advance.

Matrix10

Administrator
/dev/sda1 121680 52527 69153 43% /media/usb

Inodes Used Available Use% Mounted on

USB stick 2Gb and 5 images on USB >Formated with image USB format Wizard
USB in use 43% with 5 images.

Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
Hi folks,
1st, many thanx to all people developing this excellent OpenMultiBoot !!
I followed the recent conversation of meo in OpenPLI forum as well, and just as you released it here today , I tested it this afternoon ... I installed 2 images, Plugin said, everything ok, but when I tried to boot any of the 2 images, my Solo² got stuck with black screen ....
  • I had a problem with my 8 GB USB stick : manually formatted with 3 partitions : 512MB Fat32, 4GB ext4 for picons, epg, backups, ans the rest about 3.5 GB in ext4 only for Multiboot
  • surprisingly the MultiBoot partition was about 20% used, but file creation was not possible ... disk full.
  • after an "aha", i checkrd the inodes .... (df -i) , the USB partions had only max. 3000-4000 inodes !!
  • I reformatted the partion : mkfs.ext4 -t ext4 -T huge /dev/sdb3, resulting in about 65000 inodes
  • now 2 images installed in Multiboot, they booted fine.
  • each image uses about 8-10k inodes , but only max 250MB disk space !!
  • then I found out that there are new updates as Shiro stated .... but til now I did not have the time to check them, I'll do it later.
@Ev0 : can you please tell me a) the size of your stick with 12 images and b) how you format it and c) how many inodes you have (df -i on that device.) thx in advance.
I am using an 8gb stick, formatted using the usb format wizard in OpenBlackHole, 2 partitions, 1x 6.72gb (this has the 12 images installed on it) and 1x 1.059gb

Gordon55

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Ev0 & Matrix10,
thx for the quick reply and for the excellent guide in the other thread. :thanks:
Now I assume, that probably there is something wrong with my stick ... or maybe the problem is as usual in front of the screen ... :D
I'll start from scratch later, certainly with backup first, when the Solo² is available .....