OpenBh4.2 Latest Update-Hangs When Playing Media Files

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Everyone, I wish to report the latest update for OpenBh v4.2 freezes my Duo2 when playing recorded shows in harddisk.
Thanks & Best Regards

Mick12334

Working fine, on my internal hard disk, even on programs recorded on earlier versions, of Open Black Hole, and Black Hole.
VU+ Duo 2, Open Black Hole 4.2

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Mick12334, thanks for your reply.

It actually freezes twice, the first time it freezes, I turn-off & on the electricity and continue using. Then it freezes again. So I quickly restore back to the previous backup v4.2 (with 1 time update), then everything it’s ok now. Therefore I feel something must have gone wrong, that’s why I reported this. Best Regards

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Masters from OpenBlackhole, after updating the image from 4.2.001 to v4.2.006, it freezes 3 times during playback of recorded movie in harddisk. The first time was during playback, the 2nd and 3rd time was during playback & timer recording.

The next day it freezes again while it was doing a timer recording and playback of a recorded show.

My Duo2 configuration and installed plugins are as follows,

1. Tuner A & B: Dvb-C

2. Tuner C & D: Dvb-T2

3. Dream Explorer

4. E2 Player

5. Kodi v17

6. Terrestrial Scan

7. No Cam

8. No Iptv channels

9. Regular Recording Timers-15 sets (without event names & descriptions)

Please Help

Thanks very much

Mick12334

No problems here, with recording, or playback, of recordings, with Open Black Hole 4.2.0.6, but I only have two satellite tuners.
If it worked before the update try returning to an earlier version, located in your backup, or re-load OBH 4.2, and see if it works properly.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Mike12334, I did return to v4.2.001 which is working fine, but I would like to use the latest version. Could Obh’s Masters make it works on the next update please? Thanks very much

Mick12334

It's working fine, for me, and no doubt others, so I'm not sure what's causing your problems.
You could try viewing the updates, before installing them, and try to spot which update might be causing the problem.

bogdanm

Hi Mike12334, I did return to v4.2.001 which is working fine, but I would like to use the latest version. Could Obh’s Masters make it works on the next update please? Thanks very much
Last update is 4.2.008 to 4k boxes.
Im no remember whot version is too your box; but you try update today image ?

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Mike12334, the update is in one operation, how to do selective update? Furthermore I won’t be able to tell which update is good as I do not know much about this linux and enigma2 technology.

Hi Bogdanm, thanks for the advice. I am using a Duo2 and on Obh v4.2.001 which is good. Except sometimes the spinner run for quite a while before it stop and disappear. I will try out the latest update.

Best Regards to All

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Last update is 4.2.008 to 4k boxes. Im no remember whot version is too your box; but you try update today image ?
Last update is 4.2.008 to 4k boxes. Im no remember whot version is too your box; but you try update today image ?
Hi Bogdanm, the v4.2.008 freezes also. I did set up the log and hope it is helpful. I feel it is the playback of .ts file that causes the freezing. When playback mp4 file, it seem to be good. Please investigate. Thanks very much

Attachments

• LOG REPORT.zip
    65.7 KB · Views: 2

AlexWilMac

Try to install ServiceApp. Then enable it as default player from its own menu or simply press MENU after having selected a file to play and then choos Play with ExtEplayer3 (scroll down the options or, better... scroll UP, because it's one of the last ;) )
And update to 4.2.009.

twin

Vu+ Newbie
Try to install ServiceApp. Then enable it as default player from its own menu or simply press MENU after having selected a file to play and then choos Play with ExtEplayer3 (scroll down the options or, better... scroll UP, because it's one of the last ;) )
And update to 4.2.009.

where to download ServiceApp and ExtEplayer3?

AlexWilMac

@twin
Yes, and you don't even need to set anything in ServiceApp configuration menu. Actually, you could use it, as I wrote above, just case by case, pressing MENU after having selected the file you want to play by a different player and then scrolling to the option "Play with ExtEplayer3". This way you'll use it only if needed.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Alexwilmac, thanks for the suggestion but after done another update to v4.2.009, it is good, no freeze. Thanks very much to all Masters of Openblackhole. Anyway I will still attached the log for information and analysis, hope it helps. Best Regards to All

Attachments

• LOG REPORT.zip
    488 KB · Views: 3