Openmultiboot error

viper619

Vu+ Newbie
hi i have vuplus zero 4k receiver I have installed latest version of blackhole image when I try to use open multiboot of backup image open atv 6.3 I am getting error unpacking rootfs

AlexWilMac

1) Use very short names for the zip files to upload in omb upload folder.
2) If point 1 is not enough to solve, beware of permission and, above all, owner of the zip backup file. Backups are more sensitive to these factors, now. After having unzipped it in your PC, try and change the owner and re-zip.
What OS do you have in your PC?

viper619

Vu+ Newbie
1) Use very short names for the zip files to upload in omb upload folder.
2) If point 1 is not enough to solve, beware of permission and, above all, owner of the zip backup file. Backups are more sensitive to these factors, now. After having unzipped it in your PC, try and change the owner and re-zip.
What OS do you have in your PC?
I have used short zip name like rename downloaded image file rename to openvix.zip or openatv.zip still getting same error

I am using Windows 7 used winrar to zip file and filezila to fttp I also tried to flash fresh downloaded image but only some flash success other getting error error unpacking rootfs today I try to flash new open vix image still got same error I have successfully flash open pil so far

AlexWilMac

It's an obvious, although not written, rule in any forums, to explain how one solved the issue. A forum is a virtual place where users can share experiences, and help each other, not a call center where one might just ask for a solution at his only benefit ;)

viper619

Vu+ Newbie
It's an obvious, although not written, rule in any forums, to explain how one solved the issue. A forum is a virtual place where users can share experiences, and help each other, not a call center where one might just ask for a solution at his only benefit ;)
Problem was with my usb drive
I have now one more problem wifi ony working on flash image openmultiboot image wifi not showing

AlexWilMac

This is a known issue. I wonder how is possible still in 2019 to rely on slow and driver-dependent wifi USB adapters, who also have the problem that they waste another USB ports: my advice is to forget about such troubled devices in favour of powerlines: NO driver needed, faster than WiFi adapters and no USB port needed.
Nowadays they are quite cheap, too.

viper619

Vu+ Newbie
This is a known issue. I wonder how is possible still in 2019 to rely on slow and driver-dependent wifi USB adapters, who also have the problem that they waste another USB ports: my advice is to forget about such troubled devices in favour of powerlines: NO driver needed, faster than WiFi adapters and no USB port needed.
Nowadays they are quite cheap, too.
I don't understand
Are you saying use lan instead wifi?

AlexWilMac

POWERLINES: have you tried to search for this word over the web if you never heard of them? Devices that bring LAN signals from a router to another device using the electrical system.

viper619

Vu+ Newbie
POWERLINES: have you tried to search for this word over the web if you never heard of them? Devices that bring LAN signals from a router to another device using the electrical system.
Not heard when Google word found electricity wire after edit search found