openmultiboot problem

COVO

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys after installing updates I tried to open multiboot and get a Question ? you need the module kernel-module-nandsim to use openMultiboot do you want to install it .....yes / no
when I press yes I get error cannot install kernel-module-nandsim

I have vu+duo running open black hole and have installed latest vix in multiboot any help much appreciated

nunigaia

Hi guys after installing updates I tried to open multiboot and get a Question ? you need the module kernel-module-nandsim to use openMultiboot do you want to install it .....yes / no
when I press yes I get error cannot install kernel-module-nandsim

I have vu+duo running open black hole and have installed latest vix in multiboot any help much appreciated

Wich image gives this error?

best regards
nunigaia

COVO

Vu+ Newbie
Wich image gives this error?

best regards
nunigaia
Hi nunigaia I updated open black hole l and when I tried to boot into multi boot image I got the error message..... I have uninstalled open black hole and reflashed the image again a lot of work but done now I am now able to use open multi boot again thank you for your response .

COVO

Vu+ Newbie
hi guys after online updating my box I am getting this message back again and it will not let me enter openmultiboot
" you need the module kernel-module-nandsim to use openMultiboot do you want to install it .....yes / no"
when I press yes it says unable to install it .......im using openblackhole for vu+duo

nunigaia

hi guys after online updating my box I am getting this message back again and it will not let me enter openmultiboot
" you need the module kernel-module-nandsim to use openMultiboot do you want to install it .....yes / no"
when I press yes it says unable to install it .......im using openblackhole for vu+duo

Wich image, you are trying to boot, gives this error?

COVO

Vu+ Newbie
hi nunigaia I am using openblack hole with open vix for vu+duo in openmultiboot ........I updated openblackhole today it was after the update I got the message when I try to multiboot to openvix ............I am able to restart the box from menu then while it is booting I can change between flash and multiboot. ....I really don't want to reflash as I have both images just as I like them is there something I can telnet to the box or install through ipk. thanks for your quick reply.

nunigaia

hi nunigaia I am using openblack hole with open vix for vu+duo in openmultiboot ........I updated openblackhole today it was after the update I got the message when I try to multiboot to openvix ............I am able to restart the box from menu then while it is booting I can change between flash and multiboot. ....I really don't want to reflash as I have both images just as I like them is there something I can telnet to the box or install through ipk. thanks for your quick reply.

Ok ... Wich image have you installed in flash ... and wich version of OpenVix are you using?

COVO

Vu+ Newbie
I have open blackhole 0.1 in flash and I have open vix 3.2 .030 in multi boot both images are running OK but I get that message when I try to use open multi boot from plug in

nunigaia

I have open blackhole 0.1 in flash and I have open vix 3.2 .030 in multi boot both images are running OK but I get that message when I try to use open multi boot from plug in

Using an FTP like Dreambox Control Center telnet to your STB and enter the following commands:

Code:
cd /tmp

opkg update

opkg download kernel-module-nandsim

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

reboot

This commands will download and install the module nandsim regarding your STB model.

best regards
nunigaia

imsohappy

Vu+ Newbie
Using an FTP like Dreambox Control Center telnet to your STB and enter the following commands:

Code:
cd /tmp

opkg update

opkg download kernel-module-nandsim

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

reboot

This commands will download and install the module nandsim regarding your STB model.

best regards
nunigaia
old but still a good thread

SRKHicham

Vu+ Newbie
hello brother
i got the same problem with Vu+ solo se using Eurosat image so when i go change my image with multiboot then a message shown says that i need to install kernel module nandsim , i tried to resolve the problem but always i got filed but i can reboot to another image even this problem , in the inner flash i m using black hole so when you reboot your STB before the image runs you will see a message gives you the option to change the image to another that already mounted ,always leave at least one image mounted with your using image then you will be able to reboot to another image at least you can go back to NAND