OpenVPN Version

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Im using latest BH 2.1.5 on a ZERO.
The OpenVPN version included as some years, i tried to update opkg upgrade openvpn but no newer version.

I have a serious bug using the OpenVPN version, all is good and it slips using TUN device (VPN Tunnel) and gives the Real IP using the eth0 instead.
The Tunel is working, on the VPN server i confirm that is green but the Zero traffic is not going by the TUN.

Old openvpn version, really really old

root@vuzero:~# opkg list-installed openvpn
openvpn - 2.1.3-r0

This version was realeased in 2012.
I know its not easy to port to enigma2 its not straight forward, but i wanted to know what its possible to be done.

On Vu+ SOLOSE algo same version exactly.

Ehen can we expect improvments on this area?

Thank You
Great Work, Congrats

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Perfect, im going to test tomorrow Open BH, i was waiting for more devolpment but im giving it a go right now.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
If installing OBH in flash, also install Open Multiboot for testing, it supports every other image on a USB pendrive .

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Just installed 0.1, did all updates.
Now everything working great, at least for now. Lets wait a few hours but i think this recent version of OpenVPN solved all problems.

One Important Note:
I had to change Chmod to 424 on the delite.key
sub folder of the openvpn
etc/openvpn/keys/delite.key

It was given an error starting openvpn. I think someone else had this and now im going to help on their topic if i can find it.

Ill give more feedback as i test further.

Great image, for 0.1 is faster than 2.1.5, xbmc also working nicely. Im surprised, huge work.

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Ups...

found an error. Everytime i reboot the box, the openvpn sends me and error.
ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)

If i start it by telnet, it works just fine.

There should be an error on openvpn.sh because manual start by telnet makes it work. Iv opened the .sh but i dont have skills to detect the error and fix.

Its a bug and it should be fixed. Where can i report this?
Thanks

grik

Vu+ Newbie
I think i found the fix. Maybe next update will have this.

Needs to:
modprobe tun and/or to add it to /etc/modules

grik

Vu+ Newbie
I think i found the error.

When the box boots up the SystemTime is 1970 default. And this is when the OpenVPN service starts.

Thu Jan 1 01:00:22 1970 us=546282 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)

See the default date is wront so it cant autenticate on VPN Service Provider.
I think this is it guys.

The fix is to run openvpn.sh after the Date is cached from the Sat Feeds. Or maybe pickup date direct on internet and only after this done run the openvpn.sh script.

When we manually start openvpn on the box, the Date is updated by default and works like a charm.

Can anyone forward this to the Coders please?

aligator638

Vu+ Newbie
I think i found the error.

When the box boots up the SystemTime is 1970 default. And this is when the OpenVPN service starts.

Thu Jan 1 01:00:22 1970 us=546282 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)

See the default date is wront so it cant autenticate on VPN Service Provider.
I think this is it guys.

The fix is to run openvpn.sh after the Date is cached from the Sat Feeds. Or maybe pickup date direct on internet and only after this done run the openvpn.sh script.

When we manually start openvpn on the box, the Date is updated by default and works like a charm.

Can anyone forward this to the Coders please?
Hence why we have been asking for ages to have ntp added to the build

rickymac028

Vu+ Newbie
hi guys I'm trying to set up vpn and having no luck any help is much appreciated.. ive vu+ solo2 and on openblackhole 0.1 ..... ive got my ca file login.conf, openvpn.conf, user, user key files I downloaded from freevpn me but cant get it to work ??

nunigaia

hi guys I'm trying to set up vpn and having no luck any help is much appreciated.. ive vu+ solo2 and on openblackhole 0.1 ..... ive got my ca file login.conf, openvpn.conf, user, user key files I downloaded from freevpn me but cant get it to work ??

You have been asked on this forum on 12 Jul 2014 to read the forum rules " as soon as is possible ", and it seems during this long time, you never did it!
So please, one more time read the forum rules! --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

best regards
nunigaia