Picons on vu+ solo

Mbarek

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone!
I want some pieces of advice about installing picons on my v+ solo, I downloaded a .tar.xz file with thousands of picons in it, with names of channels, not codes but names like bbc1.png arriadia.png... so, will that work? and also the dimensions of those pngs are really huge 800x450, will that work too?

AlexWilMac

I hope you didn't choose flash for them!!! In this case it's normal you "killed" your image. You have to choose, for instance, a USB device (although personally I prefer the HDD; but many don't like it because you make your HDD working too much ;) ).
If you connect a USB stick then choose the USB packages within the list.

Mbarek

Vu+ Newbie
I hope you didn't choose flash for them!!! In this case it's normal you "killed" your image. You have to choose, for instance, a USB device (although personally I prefer the HDD; but many don't like it because you make your HDD working too much ;) ).
If you connect a USB stick then choose the USB packages within the list.
same thing happened this morning, I installed the ipk from the addons download center and it killed my image, however, I tried a usb stick way and it worked even with channels names although some channels don't have picons eventhough they exist in picon folder, I don't know why, is it the name that doesn't match or what.