PIP functionality

mirkoslav

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I think this subject deserves dedicated thread, as it's important and useful feature now possible with Uno and its hardware.

For start, excuse my ignorance, how does one switch it off, once on? I mean I can normally start it, but when I want to remove PIP, I can't find any way to do it.

About included software functionality, I do hope there are plans to make it more usable overall. By this I mean having various options, from side by side option (with maybe possibility to resize one or the other, option to select sound source etc). Then in current picture on picture option, maybe to allow moving the position of the top picture, resizing it, option of sound source, switch sources etc...

Another thing is allowing selection of different sound source when PIP is not used (i.e. watching program in normal mode, but selecting different sound source, with options of time shift for both picture and sound, even if only one can be used at the time). Very useful for watching live games and wanting different commentary available on different service (with lesser picture quality) etc.

I hope most will agree with me that this very useful feature now possible (hardware-wise) is unfortunately with only rudimentary software support.

I also think most will agree that BH is best available image for our boxes and that you all guys have our biggest support possible!

mirkoslav

Vu+ Newbie
Wow George, thanks! I simply did not see it, having 10 extensions and these being hidden down!

Well, that also answers part of my inquiries related to current picture on picture mode. As long blue in PIP enables other options too, like yellow - various options on size and position of small picture. And blue, enabling to switch pictures. Hey, that's something already!! If we would have a chance to select/change sound source to one or the other service, that would also be a great help. Possible? Also, delays (sound/picture) to allow sync for sport transmissions...??
I know this is not easy to do, not like some fix of something, but whole PIP functionality deserves serious attention, especially knowing it would strongly pay-off with release of Ultimo! Which I might buy even with Uno and Duo already home. I'm sure this might be a good selling feature...

mirkoslav

Vu+ Newbie
OK, correction to the above - colors are mixed, I wrote from the memory, I see now that green is for position and size options, yellow is to switch pictures and blue to switch off PIP. If additional functionality could be built-in with some of the future image releases, this would be perfect!
Thanks for the great job so far!