Play a recorded video with attached SRT file?

elec

Vu+ Newbie
I have a videofile, Mpeg4 atached with a .SRT subtitle file, located on a usbstick.
I can watch the video but there is no subtitles running.
Is there a way to set the subtitle to start together with the video?
I use mediaplayer in Duo2, also tested Xbmc.

nunigaia

I have a videofile, Mpeg4 atached with a .SRT subtitle file, located on a usbstick.
I can watch the video but there is no subtitles running.
Is there a way to set the subtitle to start together with the video?
I use mediaplayer in Duo2, also tested Xbmc.

The subtiltles file must be renamed to the name that your movie has:

Ex: The Monuments Men

Movie -----> The Monuments Men.Mp4
Subtitles --> The Monuments Men.srt

To apply subtitles you must play the video and do this:

On playing the video --> Press <yellow key>, followed of <blue key>, on your remote control to acess subtitles context menu

Press <ok> or <green key> to activate subtitles playing.

best regards
nunigaia

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
Is there a away to make player load muxed subtitle tracks in .mp4 and .mkv files?
I'm using mplayer2, it never loads those. Always need put put an additional srt file to be able to play subs.

nunigaia

Is there a away to make player load muxed subtitle tracks in .mp4 and .mkv files?
I'm using mplayer2, it never loads those. Always need put put an additional srt file to be able to play subs.

Have you checked Mediaplayer2 controls?
With subssupport, think you solve your issue, how!

When playing a movie that hasn´t subtitles, you can use subssupport by pressing subtitles key on your RCU, to search them regarding the name of the movie and play them using Mediapllayer2.

Take a look at controls regarding Mediaplayer2 on Mediaplayer2 section here on the forum!

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
Have you checked Mediaplayer2 controls?
With sussupport, think you solve your issue, how!

When playing a movie that hasn´t subtitles, you can use subssupport by pressing subtitles key on your RCU, to search them regarding the name of the movie and play them using Mediapllayer2.

Take a look at controls regarding Mediaplayer2 on Mediaplayer2 section here on the forum!

best regards
nunigaia

Yes, I was using subssupport to download subtitles, but somehow didn't saw the option to load embedded subtitles. I've checked and it loads subtitle tracks from mkv/mp4.

Last edited:

nunigaia

Yes, I was using subssupport to download subtitles, but somehow didn't saw the option to load embedded subtitles. I've checked and it loads subtitle tracks from mkv/mp4.

Sorry, but the function you need is the first option on subssuport menu on playing a movie, and when you pushed subtitles key on your RCU you´ll get on OBH a GSOD. Unfortunately it needs a fix!

GSOD on Choose Subtitles

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SubsSupport/subtitles.py", line 1890, in ok
  self.session.openWithCallback(self.subsChooserCB, SubsChooser, self.infobar.subsSettings, self.subdir, self.embeddedSupport, False, True)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 274, in openWithCallback
  dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 284, in open
  dlg = self.current_dialog = self.instantiateDialog(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 228, in instantiateDialog
  return self.doInstantiateDialog(screen, arguments, kwargs, self.desktop)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 244, in doInstantiateDialog
  dlg = screen(self, *arguments, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SubsSupport/subtitles.py", line 2412, in __init__
  self["file_list"] = SubFileList(defaultDir)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SubsSupport/subtitles.py", line 2198, in __init__
  FileList.__init__(self, defaultDir, matchingPattern="(?i)^.*\." + '(' + '|'.join(ext[1:] for ext in extensions) + ')', useServiceRef=False)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/FileList.py", line 82, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SubsSupport/subtitles.py", line 2250, in changeDir
  if directory is not None and self.showDirectories and not self.isTop:
AttributeError: 'SubFileList' object has no attribute 'isTop'
< 73795.869744> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0xabdf30>>,('SetupActions', 'ok')) failed)

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

elec

Vu+ Newbie
The subtiltles file must be renamed to the name that your movie has:

Ex: The Monuments Men

Movie -----> The Monuments Men.Mp4
Subtitles --> The Monuments Men.srt

To apply subtitles you must play the video and do this:

On playing the video --> Press <yellow key>, followed of <blue key>, on your remote control to acess subtitles context menu

Press <ok> or <green key> to activate subtitles playing.

best regards
nunigaia

That did it !! Thank you!

nunigaia

Sorry, but the function you need is the first option on subssuport menu on playing a movie, and when you pushed subtitles key on your RCU you´ll get on OBH a GSOD. Unfortunately it needs a fix!

GSOD on Choose Subtitles

Code:
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SubsSupport/subtitles.py", line 1890, in ok
  self.session.openWithCallback(self.subsChooserCB, SubsChooser, self.infobar.subsSettings, self.subdir, self.embeddedSupport, False, True)
  dlg = self.current_dialog = self.instantiateDialog(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SubsSupport/subtitles.py", line 2412, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SubsSupport/subtitles.py", line 2198, in __init__
  FileList.__init__(self, defaultDir, matchingPattern="(?i)^.*\." + '(' + '|'.join(ext[1:] for ext in extensions) + ')', useServiceRef=False)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SubsSupport/subtitles.py", line 2250, in changeDir
< 73795.869744> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0xabdf30>>,('SetupActions', 'ok')) failed)

best regards
nunigaia

I´ve asked the developer of Mediaplayer2 and Subssuport to fix this " issue " for OBH ( Open Black Hole ), so we must be patient and wait for the fix!

best regards
nunigaia

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie

GSOD on Choose Subtitles

Code:

best regards
nunigaia

I said it was working for me and it was, but not anymore. I was running an outdated openBH image. Now I'm testing openpli and no crashes when I push the subtitle key, just when I select and click "Choose Subtitles" from subssuppot menu.

nunigaia

I know... It's working fine since last subssupport update. I've got it directly from developer page.
Thanks anyway.

If you got from the issue i post on developer page ... you are right, although if you got it from the download page ... you have not the latest corrections!

you can download it from where i said on previous post in this section! I´ve too uploaded 2 plugin.py files ... one for skin 1280x720 and other for 1920x1080 skins ( regarding xbmc )!

best regards
nunigaia