Please any Aid

javierdos

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone I need help on this question

I want to change the Blackhole 3.09 image which is the one I currently use to the new 3.1 If I make the personal backup ??, on the hard disk or on a pen, I can recover it when I have the new version installed or this will not be possible.

Thank you very much and I will appreciate your help Best regards

Mick12334

Generally you shouldn't use a backup, when loading a new image, or a new version, but you can backup certain things, like your channel list, and Bouquets, using tools like dreamboxedit.

javierdos

Vu+ Newbie
Generally you shouldn't use a backup, when loading a new image, or a new version, but you can backup certain things, like your channel list, and Bouquets, using tools like dreamboxedit.

Thanks, I just wanted to copy the channel lists and also picons etc. Thank you very much for your answer Best regards

AlexWilMac

Picons (I really hope) have nothing to do with the Personal Backup, as they usually are in a USB device or in the HDD, but not in flash!
All the rest, well... you can surely try the Personal backup. I've almost never been satisfied with it, apart from the last upgrade from OBH 4.3 to OBH 4.4.
You can backup your channels in many ways (for instance by OWIF itself) and many customizations are in the file
/etc/enigma2/settings
where you can copy many lines from (for instance, all the NIMs lines, which refer to tuner configuration).

Last edited: