positioner settings / memory index / manual store

herc

Vu+ Newbie
I'm still running the obh 4.2 and i want to go forward to obh 4.3.
However, does anybody know if i can to keep (file or data) of all the stored satellites position from confiquration mode Advenced (obh 4.2),
and tranfer it to the new update (obh 4.3)?
There are more from 45 satellites position and is hard to do it from the beggining.

AlexWilMac

All the tuners' configurations are inside the file settings in /etc/enigma2
There you'll find not only the tuners part (they are all the lines starting by "config.Nims" but also many, many others, including the ones concerning your plugins' customization.

I've never relied on the so called personal settings backup because each time I've tried they did not manage to import all the configurations (not only tuners but also plugins, image customization and the less important of all, channels and bouquet, whch are easy to save in many ways).
So, also from 4.2 to 4.3 I started from scratch. But, if I'm not wrong, I think I read that this time it was possible to import the personal backup in quite a satisfactory way. But...
... even if it is not possible, you have to know that this upgrade is, in my view as in many users' view, much more significant than any other ones we had in the past.
4.3 is very fast at booting, and also at starting (or restarting) GUI, it is much better as the picture quality is concerned and it is faster at zapping.
So, the difference between it and 4.2 is worth the time you'll need to reconfigure if the personal backup won't be useful.