Power button

Scharff_peter

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
Does anyone know if you can turn the power button off on a VU+ ultimo 4K on black Hole 3.0.3.H ?
Mine button does not work ?
Can i flash to a new version of black Hole on USB without using the power button ?

Mick12334

The rear rocker switch is a cut off, and should work.
If it's not working contact your supplier, and have the receiver replaced, as other components might also be broken.
You can disconnect the receiver, from the mains, by switching off, at the socket, or unplugging it.
Did you load Blackhole 3.0.3H yourself, using the rear switch, or did your supplier load it for you?
Blackhole 3.0.3 is the latest version, available, you can update to 3.0.3Q using the online Blackhole update options, in the menu., or do you want to switch to Open Blackhole?

Scharff_peter

Vu+ Newbie
The rear rocker switch is a cut off, and should work.
If it's not working contact your supplier, and have the receiver replaced, as other components might also be broken.
You can disconnect the receiver, from the mains, by switching off, at the socket, or unplugging it.
Did you load Blackhole 3.0.3H yourself, using the rear switch, or did your supplier load it for you?
Blackhole 3.0.3 is the latest version, available, you can update to 3.0.3Q using the online Blackhole update options, in the menu., or do you want to switch to Open Blackhole?

The rear switch is working, the front switch power button is not working now ? I have loaded the firmware my self a while ago. (there was the button working ??
I just wondered if there was a place in the software that could turn off the button ?

Mick12334

Does the Ultimo 4K have a front power button, behind the front right hand flap?
What makes you think it isn't working?
If it's because the USB stick isn't being recognized try a different USB stick, make, model, and size, this is usually the problem.
You can also try inserting the USB stick in a rear USB port..
Are you trying to load a new image?

Scharff_peter

Vu+ Newbie
Does the Ultimo 4K have a front power button, behind the front right hand flap?
What makes you think it isn't working?
If it's because the USB stick isn't being recognized try a different USB stick, make, model, and size, this is usually the problem.
You can also try inserting the USB stick in a rear USB port..
Are you trying to load a new image?

Yes I would like to load new Image but it appears in the display that I need to press the Power button, but it is difficult when the Power button is not working....

Attachments

• Power.jpg
    Power.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Mick12334

The VU+ Ultimo 4K is quite a new receiver, and I can't locate many images, or relevant information, regarding the receiver.
Is the front power button a touch screen button?
Have you tried cleaning the front screen?
Is there any button behind the front pull down flap?
How do you know that the power button isn't working?
Have you tried a different USB stick?
Are you sure you've downloaded the correct image, for your receiver?
Have you extracted the vuplus folder, containing the files, and copied it to a FAT 32 formatted USB stick?

Mick12334

That might be the fact that the power options, in Blackhole, doesn't recognize the front power button option.
On other VU+ models the power button is practically obsolete, on my VU+ Duo 2 it's behind the front flap, and only used for flashing an image.
Try loading Open Blackhole:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/openbh-1-0-vu-ultimo4k.32306/

Uncompress the file, using Winzip, winrar or the free 7-zip.
Format a new USB stick, to FAT 32, on your PC, and load the vuplus folder onto it.
Switch off your receiver, at the rear, insert the USB stick, switch on your receiver, at the rear, and keep your finger/thumb on the area where the power button is supposed to be, until your receiver starts readings the USB stick.

Ev0

Admin
It is just a touch button, not a physical button.

You should only need a light press on it, not to "push" it.

If touching it does not put the box into standby when it is on (or bring it out of standby when you touch it) then the button is faulty and your box needs repairing / replacing.

Scharff_peter

Vu+ Newbie
It is just a touch button, not a physical button.

You should only need a light press on it, not to "push" it.

If touching it does not put the box into standby when it is on (or bring it out of standby when you touch it) then the button is faulty and your box needs repairing / replacing.

I will do.... thanks

glennr

Vu+ Newbie
for me to get it to work on the 4k Ultimo I have to
1) put in USB stick
2) power on at the back AND at same time press(touch) the power button on the front panel at the same time