Problem Tuner Vu+duo

Mick12334

Have you tried switching receivers?
Try the VU+ Duo on the 4xDiseqc switch, and the Solo 2 on the 10xDiseqc switch.
The jumping signal, from 0% to 30%, sounds like a signal issue, usually caused by a bad connection, quite often the braid, on the co-ax cable, breaking off and causing a short.
Fitting F Connector.jpg

If possible test your VU+ Duo on another satellite dish/LNB, one that you know is working, just to test it, on all frequency ranges, and both polarities.

Chromo

Vu+ Newbie
Have you tried switching receivers?
Try the VU+ Duo on the 4xDiseqc switch, and the Solo 2 on the 10xDiseqc switch.
The jumping signal, from 0% to 30%, sounds like a signal issue, usually caused by a bad connection, quite often the braid, on the co-ax cable, breaking off and causing a short.
View attachment 23254

If possible test your VU+ Duo on another satellite dish/LNB, one that you know is working, just to test it, on all frequency ranges, and both polarities.
Hi mate.Thanks for very quick reply.
Tested DUO in other room - all perfect there.This means - second cable from T90 is somewhere dead.
Problem discovered.
Thanks again.
Rgds

Chromo

limba

Vu+ Newbie
I have problem with tuner on some tp, go from 0 to 70. Same thing at my place, and i try on my friend satelite dish. Vu cant lock some TP, for example 11662V27500 HotBird 13e, 11595H30000 W2 16e ...

Mick12334

I have problem with tuner on some tp, go from 0 to 70. Same thing at my place, and i try on my friend satelite dish. Vu cant lock some TP, for example 11662V27500 HotBird 13e, 11595H30000 W2 16e ...
Please do not hi-jack another members thread, with your problems, instead start your own thread, and supply all necessary information, including your general location, size of dish, and VU+ model.

Mick12334

You only seem to have a problem on 2 transponders, which I doubt is a VU+ problem but might be due to external interferance, like a DECT telephone, or poor reception.
To solve this we still need a lot more information.
I'll test the frequencies, you've provided, to see if I have any problems, but we still need to know your general location, dish size, VU+ model, etc...
On 16E there are three similar transponders, 11595 H 30000 DVB-S2 8PSK 3/4, 11595 V 30000 DVB-S2 8PSK 5/6, and 11596 H 30000 DVB-S2 8PSK 8/9, which one are you trying to scan in?

Just tried 11662 V 27500 DVB-S2 8PSK 3/4, on Hotbird, 13E, without a problem, on my VU+ Duo 2, in the UK, using Black Hole 2.1.5, 24 channels scanned in.

Last edited:

AlexTV

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problem with Hotbird 13E. DUO does not lock the 11662 V and 12476 H. I have 1.2m dish with INVERTO TWIN BLACK ULTRA lnb. My SAT Receiver U2C S+ Maxi HD and my S2 satfinder lock these transponders without any problems and good margin of the level of signal. I have tried to replace lnb to Alps Twin Universal, replace DiseqC -> tuner A and tuner B do not lock the signal.

jim beam

Vu+ Newbie
hello!
i have this problem vuduo to hellassat 39E,don't find bulsat transponder 12647mhz,snr 0.my xtrend et9200 find all.i try other img.very bad tuner on vuduo.no more buy vu .

herc

Vu+ Newbie
I do not think that vu is so bad my friend. Vu+ receivers can teach you how to working with Linux more easy and better that dreambox receivers.
Btw xtrends have a battery in the security board that when is empty you can nothing to do with this box after.
Is so easy to repair this 'tuner' problem, with no cost, you just search this forum about this problem.
For beginning you can change the c848 1000uf/10v capacitor.

AlexTV

Vu+ Newbie
Replacing some capacitors near the power connector (s801, s808, etc.) solved the problem. They have lost 30 to 80% capacity. At first I tried to replace the dead capacitors on low esr (Panasonic FC and the like), but it became even worse. Correct installation is quite cheap CapsConn and Samwha.
The signal strength for all transponders increased.

demetris

Vu+ User
You are 100% wrong about Panasonic capacitor's they are the best amongst the NCC Rubicon etc I am sure yours were Chinese replica's I replaced mine with Panasonic and nichicon and vuo duo is working better than ever!

Στάλθηκε από το 6045Y μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

AlexTV

Vu+ Newbie
I think the fact that I used a low esr capacitors. They are not suitable. A conventional Panasonic or Rubycon I did not.

camane007

Vu+ Newbie
I do not think that vu is so bad my friend. Vu+ receivers can teach you how to working with Linux more easy and better that dreambox receivers.
Btw xtrends have a battery in the security board that when is empty you can nothing to do with this box after.
Is so easy to repair this 'tuner' problem, with no cost, you just search this forum about this problem.
For beginning you can change the c848 1000uf/10v capacitor.

Hi there
I have the same problem with S-2 transponders i can't lock them and have no problem with S-transponder.
Please can you post some pictures so i can how can i repair this tuner.

camane007

Vu+ Newbie
Replacing some capacitors near the power connector (s801, s808, etc.) solved the problem. They have lost 30 to 80% capacity. At first I tried to replace the dead capacitors on low esr (Panasonic FC and the like), but it became even worse. Correct installation is quite cheap CapsConn and Samwha.
The signal strength for all transponders increased.

Hi there
I have the same problem with S-2 transponders i can't lock them and have no problem with S-transponder.
Please can you post some pictures so i can how can i repair this tuner.