Problem With EitherThe Dish ,Or The Vu+ , Help Please Newbie

Haley

Vu+ Newbie
Hi every one
I need your advice and Help Please, about 2 weeks a go I bought my husband a
new 1 meter dish with a twin lnb and a diseqc motor and all has been fine until
we had the winds the other day.
A lot of the channels on different satellites will not open, and if some do the picture is unwatchable with picture break up. If I move the dish to 30West some channels open, but as I move the dish back from there to each satellite a lot off the channels will not open.
When it gets to Thor some channels open but with again unwatchable picture breakup, and that is the same with Hotbird 16East Astra19 and Astra28.It happens on not only paid channels but picture breakup on free to air channels on all satellites.
I need you please to guide me step by step on how to go in to any setup find what is wrong ,and if it can be put right PLEASE.
I hope every thing I have told you makes sense.

I have just had a look on a channel that is breaking up on Astra28 free to air channel the SNR is 0 and AGC is 73.
Is there a way of tuning the channels back in Please,if so could you guide me on how to do this.

Mito

Administrator
It seems that your dish wasn't well fixed and the wind has moved it.
I think you need to fix again your dish.

Haley

Vu+ Newbie
It seems that your dish wasn't well fixed and the wind has moved it.
I think you need to fix again your dish.

Does that mean I shall have to get him back out to fix it ,thank you very much for your reply Mito.

Mito

Administrator
Thank you again Mito,what should I say to get him to come back and fix it.
You can tell him that you think the wind has moved your dish exactly for the reasons you wrote in your first post:
A lot of the channels on different satellites will not open, and if some do the picture is unwatchable with picture break up. If I move the dish to 30West some channels open, but as I move the dish back from there to each satellite a lot off the channels will not open.
When it gets to Thor some channels open but with again unwatchable picture breakup, and that is the same with Hotbird 16East Astra19 and Astra28.It happens on not only paid channels but picture breakup on free to air channels on all satellites.