Problem with Picons and EPG data

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone.

I've been using Open Blackhole 0.1 for a while now and it's been really great.
I restored a backup I did on BH 2.1.4, so all channels were moved without problems.

I'm facing a problem with Picons and EPG. It's seems as if the address, path or filename of the channels isn't the default one, so that picons don't work with default filenames. I had to manually change the filenames of the picons for each channel for picons to show correctly, and this is a really bothersome process.

Moreover, it seems that because channels aren't with default values, I can't update EPG data through CrossEPG, even after updating scrips and settings like the ones in this link:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/script-crossepg-aggiornati.15834/

What is a possible reason for the change in the channels paths and picon filenames? And what can I do to restore them to default settings?
Should I wipe all channels lists and bouquets and do a full scan from the beginning?

Thanks in advance for any help!

nunigaia

Hello everyone.

I've been using Open Blackhole 0.1 for a while now and it's been really great.
I restored a backup I did on BH 2.1.4, so all channels were moved without problems.

I'm facing a problem with Picons and EPG. It's seems as if the address, path or filename of the channels isn't the default one, so that picons don't work with default filenames. I had to manually change the filenames of the picons for each channel for picons to show correctly, and this is a really bothersome process.

Moreover, it seems that because channels aren't with default values, I can't update EPG data through CrossEPG, even after updating scrips and settings like the ones in this link:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/script-crossepg-aggiornati.15834/

What is a possible reason for the change in the channels paths and picon filenames? And what can I do to restore them to default settings?
Should I wipe all channels lists and bouquets and do a full scan from the beginning?

Thanks in advance for any help!

AFAIK ... On Blackhole 2.1.4 you haven´t SNP ( Service named picons ). It will work with SRP only ( Service reference picons ).

The reason is that now you can work for picons as SNP and SRP ...of course ... on the latest buid images, like Open Blackhole and BlackHole 2.1.7

best regards
nunigaia

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
So what should I do now? How can I reset my channels list with the default values so I can have Picons and EPG data updated through CrossEPG?

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
I tried wiping all channels and do a complete full scan of all satellites, and it didn't help. Picon service name are not the default ones, and I had to manually to change the filnename of each picon.
This is a really irritating issue, I wish there's a way to fix this.

Decoder

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

Would it not be possible to go back to the version you had installed where everything worked as you required?

What is more important the "new" features you had with the upgrade or the fact your picons and epg worked with the previous version?

Take care and best wishes