Problem with Samba

paperino61

Vu+ User
Hi all, I'ìm using BH 202b (vu+DUO) in universe and I have aproblem with Samba.
the service is configured to automatc start at boot, but when I reboot the box the shared directory aren't available from network (all others network service work fine). In samba-cifs panel it seemes to be all actved but the only way to make samba working is stop and start the servie (fron blue panel)

All that doesn't matter if the reboot is made in black hole universe (all in flash) or usinh the same image in meoboot (on USB). in that way all work fine....... the problem exists only using universe.
Some help please?
g.

paperino61

Vu+ User
Can you make a test for me please.
Try to kill samba and then start it again.
From telnet:

killall -9 smbd
killall -9 nmbd
nmbd
smbd​

And tell me if it works.

Hi, I've already tried this... and after that it works fine....
the same result you can have going in samba panel (that tells the service is started), stopping and starting and all works fine ...

I think a possible solution is to execute the commands you said, after the start of vu+, but I don't know where the commands have to be inserted..

thanks

Shiro

BH-C
in /etc/init.d/bootmish.sh before the last line:
exit: 0
but you have to add it only in parallel universes not in black hole.

janisoon

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, I'ìm using BH 202b (vu+DUO) in universe and I have aproblem with Samba.
the service is configured to automatc start at boot, but when I reboot the box the shared directory aren't available from network (all others network service work fine). In samba-cifs panel it seemes to be all actved but the only way to make samba working is stop and start the servie (fron blue panel)

All that doesn't matter if the reboot is made in black hole universe (all in flash) or usinh the same image in meoboot (on USB). in that way all work fine....... the problem exists only using universe.
Some help please?
g.​

I also have same problem after last update ...!
what can i do ? any solution

paperino61

Vu+ User
in /etc/init.d/bootmish.sh before the last line:
exit: 0
but you have to add it only in parallel universes not in black hole.

hi thank for answer... the commands work well made from telnet, but seems don't work inserted in file bootmish.sh in this way

# end

killall -9 smbd
killall -9 nmbd
nmbd
smbd

: exit 0
something wrong?
hi
g.

paperino61

Vu+ User
hi thank for answer... the commands work well made from telnet, but seems don't work inserted in file bootmish.sh in this way

# end

killall -9 smbd
killall -9 nmbd
nmbd
smbd

: exit 0
something wrong?
hi
g.

the file was:
/universe/ghost/etc/init.d/bootmish.sh
and the start was made in ghost universe

zio

Vu+ User
put the file in ghost universe:
and in bh universe:
etc/init.d/bootmish.sh

Work fine :)

paperino61

Vu+ User
put the file in ghost universe:
and in bh universe:
etc/init.d/bootmish.sh

Work fine :)
Hi.... in these days I made upgrade to BH 2.03 and the problem is the same... I tried to insert the suggested command, first time only in
/universe/ghost/etc/init.d/bootmish.sh (not work) and after, as told by zio, also in etc/init.d/bootmish.sh (still doesn't work).
Commands are ok, I've created a new sh including only:
killall -9 smbd
killall -9 nmbd
nmbd
smbd

and started by telnet it works (also execute by dream explorer interface is ok)
At this point, what I need is the way to self start the "sh" after the starting of machine

thanks

g.

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi.... in these days I made upgrade to BH 2.03 and the problem is the same... I tried to insert the suggested command, first time only in
/universe/ghost/etc/init.d/bootmish.sh (not work) and after, as told by zio, also in etc/init.d/bootmish.sh (still doesn't work).
Commands are ok, I've created a new sh including only:
killall -9 smbd
killall -9 nmbd
nmbd
smbd

and started by telnet it works (also execute by dream explorer interface is ok)
At this point, what I need is the way to self start the "sh" after the starting of machine

thanks

g.

Prova cosi
Metti file .sh in /etc/init.d
Poi da telnet digiti:
update-rc.d NOMESCRIPT.sh defaults

Dovrebbe funzionare.
Fammi sapere.