Problems and questions with Universe

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

I have just installed a Universe expansion (Avalon) and I have some questions (I have browsed through the already written posts, but I did not find an answer there) and a couple of problems. I am not sure if this thread is the correct one to post it. If not, please move it to the correct place.

First of all, my system: Vu+ Duo, with HDD and a USB Stick Philips with 8 Gb and three partitions of 2, 2 and the rest. Both partitions of 2 Gb mapped as Universe and the other as media/USB (in which I have installed the picons from Licher/HD/USB for 19.2, 13, 23.5 and 28 E, and the crossepg data).

The installation went well, but I had a problem when updating BH on line from Avalon Universe. It crashed, so I went back to BH Universe, did the update and crashed too. So I flashed BH 2.0.1 from scratch again, did the online update again and removed the Universes in the USB stick (basically, start again). I could recover it. Then I created the Universe again with the same structure as above.

However, when I try to make a backup of my personal settings from Avalon it crashes again. And when it crashes I cannot jump to another Universe because it causes more crashes (when trying to access the teleportation either via menu or holding red button it crashes).

If I remove the USB stick I come again into BH, then I can do a backup of my settings, install the USB stick again, jump to Avalon and then everything works fine. I send a couple of crashlogs.

My questions are:

1. When updating, do we need to do it from BH Universe and not from Avalon (or another Universe)

2. Do we need to do the backups from BH and not from other Universes?

3. For online updates and backups, do we need to remove the USB stick completely from the box?

I do not have too many things installed. As additional plugins I only have *******, a Gradient skin (for 2.0) and a MX skin (for 2.0), both in the Avalon Universe and not in BH, and the Picons I mentioned before, also installed from the Avalon Universe.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1365918640.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 0

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
I have come back to see if there was any reply and I have noticed that a term I used (name of a plugin) has been substituted by *****, so I assume it is not allowed to mention that. My question is, why? I apologize if I breached a rule or something, but I do not know what is the problem with that specific plugin. Is it not recommended to be installed in the box? Sorry if my questions look a bit naive, but I am a bit struggling to follow the developments of the firmware of this (amazing) box :)

Mito

Administrator
I have come back to see if there was any reply and I have noticed that a term I used (name of a plugin) has been substituted by *****, so I assume it is not allowed to mention that. My question is, why? I apologize if I breached a rule or something, but I do not know what is the problem with that specific plugin. Is it not recommended to be installed in the box? Sorry if my questions look a bit naive, but I am a bit struggling to follow the developments of the firmware of this (amazing) box :)
First you should have only a partition of your memory stick mapped as Universe.
Regarding updating image, you should first upload the flash image (Black Hole universe) and after the Avalon universe.
You can make backup both in BH and in other universes.
Usually, you don't need to remove any connected devices before updating online.

Finally, since the plugin you mentioned contains illegal stuffs it's forbidden to talk about it.

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
First you should have only a partition of your memory stick mapped as Universe.
Regarding updating image, you should first upload the flash image (Black Hole universe) and after the Avalon universe.
You can make backup both in BH and in other universes.
Usually, you don't need to remove any connected devices before updating online.

Finally, since the plugin you mentioned contains illegal stuffs it's forbidden to talk about it.

Mito,

Thanks for your help :notworthy: . As a fact I think I created two partitions mapped as Universe. I will check it and correct (I assume that by simply removing or remapping one of the partitions it should work, if not I will start from scratch).

By saying " you should first upload the flash image (Black Hole universe) and after the Avalon universe", what do you mean? That I have to do the online update first in BH universe and then jump to the other universe and do the online update again?

Regarding the plugin, sorry then for my mistake. I installed it because it has some applications (back up, file browser, clean up, uninstaller) that I found useful :oops:

Mito

Administrator
I will check it and correct (I assume that by simply removing or remapping one of the partitions it should work, if not I will start from scratch).
Yes, simply remap your device.
By saying " you should first upload the flash image (Black Hole universe) and after the Avalon universe", what do you mean? That I have to do the online update first in BH universe and then jump to the other universe and do the online update again?
Exactly.

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, simply remap your device.

Exactly.

Hi Mito,

Sorry that I have not replied before. I left on holidays on Apr 27 and I have just come back. Thanks a lot for your help, I did not want to forget to thank you!

Some feedback: I have formatted again my USB and I created only two partitions, one mapped as Universe and another mapped as /media/USB. I updated to the last version 2.0.2.E from the BH universe before, so I have not tried updating from Avalon universe. Anyway, I assume it will work.

Only point out that I got a green screen when trying to do a personal back-up from Avalon universe. No problem when doing it from BH Universe.

Mito

Administrator
Only point out that I got a green screen when trying to do a personal back-up from Avalon universe. No problem when doing it from BH Universe.
You should attach the crashlog to try to understand the problem.

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
You should attach the crashlog to try to understand the problem.

Mito,

I enclose the last crashlogs I have "generated" this morning.

From what I remember I had a crash when trying to jump from Avalon to BH Universe using the red button. Then again when I tried to jump using the menu (sometimes this has worked before). As I could not jump to BH I removed the USB (after shutting down the box) and then I could access BH universe. Then I tried to make a personal back-up while in BH and there was another crash. After booting again I could do the back-up.

I think I have noticed the following: when making a back-up while I am in an encoded channel the chance of having a crash is higher. If I go to a FTA channel and then try the personal back-up it appears that it never crashes.

To expand the memory I have a swap of 8GB in the HDD. And the BH version is 2.0.2E (updated yesterday online from BH without problems). The USB stick is a Philips with 8GB (two partitions: 3GB mapped as Universe and 5GB mapped as media/usb).

I have a MX 3 skin in Avalon Universe, and I noticed that when I manage to jump to BH (with default skin) the screen remains limited to the box within the menu in said skin. I need to restart the GUI to come back to full screen.

That's more or less the information I think could be of interest from my box. Please let me know if you need more.

AND THANKS AGAIN for all your help!!!

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1368341803.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 2

Matrix10

Administrator
Mito,

I enclose the last crashlogs I have "generated" this morning.

From what I remember I had a crash when trying to jump from Avalon to BH Universe using the red button. Then again when I tried to jump using the menu (sometimes this has worked before). As I could not jump to BH I removed the USB (after shutting down the box) and then I could access BH universe. Then I tried to make a personal back-up while in BH and there was another crash. After booting again I could do the back-up.

I think I have noticed the following: when making a back-up while I am in an encoded channel the chance of having a crash is higher. If I go to a FTA channel and then try the personal back-up it appears that it never crashes.

To expand the memory I have a swap of 8GB in the HDD. And the BH version is 2.0.2E (updated yesterday online from BH without problems). The USB stick is a Philips with 8GB (two partitions: 3GB mapped as Universe and 5GB mapped as media/usb).

I have a MX 3 skin in Avalon Universe, and I noticed that when I manage to jump to BH (with default skin) the screen remains limited to the box within the menu in said skin. I need to restart the GUI to come back to full screen.

That's more or less the information I think could be of interest from my box. Please let me know if you need more.

AND THANKS AGAIN for all your help!!!

I think YOU have full flash and little space for image operations in / tmp (flash tmp)
Delete something in the flash image .(BH flash image)
You can use Black Hole Speed Up or Addons uninstall panel to free some flash.

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
Disable your EPG autoupdate.

Is it on? I thought it was disabled! I will do, thanks (normally I use crossepg manually, so I have EPG autoupdate disabled, but it could be that when updating BH the setting has changed and I did not notice that I had to disable again).

Thank for the tip :)

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
I think YOU have full flash and little space for image operations in / tmp (flash tmp)
Delete something in the flash image .(BH flash image)
You can use Black Hole Speed Up or Addons uninstall panel to free some flash.

Matrix10, I used BH Speed Up and I removed some things I thought could be removed (like the weather and some other things). Maybe after yesterday's update they are active again. I will check. Thanks!! With the Addons uninstall panel I do not know what to delete without damaging the image (too many things appear there and I am not expert, so I do not dare to touch too much).

Matrix10

Administrator
In addons Manual Uninstall panel you have only plugins/skins
that you've installed.

So you can delete what you do not need.

Matrix10

Administrator
In Black Hole Speed Up

is all that can be unistalled from image and re-installed from our BH image server.

rayo

Vu+ Newbie
In addons Manual Uninstall panel you have only plugins/skins
that you've installed.

So you can delete what you do not need.

OK, I will try that and play around jumping back and forth and trying some other stuff (back ups and EPG loading). I will post what happens.

Thanks A LOT to all for your help :notworthy: