Problems configuring my Vu+ DUO2 to work with DiSEqC 8x1 switch

simonepsp

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to configure my VU+ DUO2 to work with a DiSEqC 8x1 switch (bought on amazon, brand: Germany B.E.S.T., model: 8x1 multiprotocol)

UUdBrHhm.jpg

I have 4 LNBs pointed to:
  1. HOTBIRD 13E
  2. ASTRA 19.2E
  3. ASTRA 23.5E
  4. ASTRA/EUTELSAT 28.2E
I've bought a 8x1 switch because I'm planning to add more LNBs in the future :)
All the 4 LNBs are connected to the mentioned switch. I've tested every LNB individually (without switch) and they all got 92-99% signal.

Currently only the 1st LNB (HOTBIRD) is tuning correctly.

Here's the tuner configuration (sorry my receiver is in italian :( if you need a translation, just ask :) )

LNB 1 (HOTBIRD 13E) [The only one that currently works]
Xdiw2P1l.jpg

LNB 2 (ASTRA 19.2E)
IgiJ6HGl.jpg

LNB 3 (ASTRA 23.5E)
5FWZhErl.jpg

LNB 4 (ASTRA/EUTELSAT 28.2E)
ZxM3GWhl.jpg

The problem
I can only see channels from the 1st LNB (hotbird). Could someone please help me fixing the others LNB setup?

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

Mick12334

Because you are using a 8 x 1 Diseqc switch you need to use the advanced tuner configuration options, which it looks like you are.
Can you please post how the LNB's are cofigured, with your Diseqc switch, are you currently using just sat 1 to sat 4, or are you using others?

simonepsp

Vu+ Newbie
I'm currently using only the 4 LNBs stated on the 1st post :) so from LNB 1 to LNB 4

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Mick12334

On your first one you have the LOF set to Unicable.
What make/model LNB's are you using?

I know you're currently only using 4 LNB's, but which connections are the attached to, od the Diseqc switch?
e.g. 13E connected to Sat 1, on the Dieseqc switch, 19.2E connected to sat 2, etc...
If using only the first four tr changing the tuner to Simple, Disecq, and the play with the 4 options.

simonepsp

Vu+ Newbie
On your first one you have the LOF set to Unicable.
What make/model LNB's are you using?

The 1st LNB (the one pointed to Hotbird 13E) is an SCR LNB.
2nd,3rd and 4th LNBs are normal (single output) LNBs.

When I was using a 4x1 DISEqC switch everything was working perfectly...

Here's the LNB list:

13 E ---> LNB 1 (SCR)
19.2 E ---> LNB 2 (NORMAL - INVERTO)
23.5 E ---> LNB 3 (NORMAL - INVERTO)
28.2 E ---> LNB 4 (NORMAL - INVERTO)

If using only the first four tr changing the tuner to Simple, Disecq, and the play with the 4 options.
already tried every possible option. Disecq A/B/C/D, Toneburst A/B, etc... :'(

Last edited:

simonepsp

Vu+ Newbie
seems that only the 1st port of the diseqc switch is currently working...
I've tried to connect the 2nd LNB (astra 19.2) to the 1st port and I've received signal.

Obviously I have to change the sent command to AA.

:( I don't know how to make the switch to work properly on the 2nd,3rd and 4th LNB

Mick12334

Did you try uysing the Simple Tuner configuration, for Diseqc A,B,C,D?
Try different settings, in the advanced menu, and try leaving the 13E LNB disconnected.

simonepsp

Vu+ Newbie
Did you try uysing the Simple Tuner configuration, for Diseqc A,B,C,D?
Try different settings, in the advanced menu, and try leaving the 13E LNB disconnected.
Yes, diseqc A/B/C/D configuration only managed to receive signal from the 1st LNB
I've also tried to disconnect the 1st LNB (13E). Nothing changed :(

I think the diseqc switch is only the receiving the AA - Input 1 command :\

Mick12334

Diseqc switches are quite basic, so I'm surprised this one is allowing input 1 to work, but none of the others.
If your 4x Diseqc switch is still available, and working, go back to that, and try to get hold of a different 8x Diseqc switch, from a local store, and see if that works.

simonepsp

Vu+ Newbie
SOLVED! :)
I've disabled the "committed command" and set the "uncommitted command" to the desidered LNB :)

Eg. LNB 2, uncommited command ---> 2

It worked :) Thanks for your time, Mick

inpoggio

Vu+ Newbie
Molto interessante... Very interesting.... As usual, it can be just one parameter. I'm considering right now to install on my two sat parabolic antenna a triplefeed inverto 13/16/19.2East and a doublefeed diavolo 0.8West/4.8East.
I will follow your configuration, then I'll let you know if it works.
I think to use a 8in1out DISEqC switch but I imagine that 8in2out would be better for a Duo2 twin tuner dvb 2xs2+1xt2.

Any suggestion?

AlexWilMac

As I've just bought a SCR and I'd like to use it along with other two Universal LNBs, could you post again your configuration now it works?
I was just wondering if it's possible to mix SCRs with universal by a DiseqC switch.