Problems with C band TP

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi!

I was able to scan all TPs of Intelsat 21 58.0W in band C, some of them gave me problem and I had the search for the TPs manually.

Although almost all TPs are working fine, there is one TP that goes from 80% to 0%, and the image freezes.

The TP is
4000 H 30000
This TP have Fox Sport Channles

I try different setting on the LNB and the Transporder.

Please check my pictures, some are related to the TP 4000 H, and some other shows how adding TPs manually works better than using stored TPs

I'm using OBH 4.3.0039
I have the satellite conect to a Diseqc 1.0 on port B

Attachments

• Manual_Search.jpg
    Manual_Search.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Manual_search_signal.jpg
    Manual_search_signal.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ManualTP_4000H.jpg
    ManualTP_4000H.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Regular_LNB_configuration.jpg
    Regular_LNB_configuration.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 5
  • screenshot_20200815164044.jpg
    screenshot_20200815164044.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Signal_search_off.jpg
    Signal_search_off.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 5
  • SNR_0.jpg
    SNR_0.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 5
  • SNR_80.jpg
    SNR_80.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 5
  • TP_found_with_manual_search.jpg
    TP_found_with_manual_search.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 5
  • User_Define_LNB_config.jpg
    User_Define_LNB_config.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 5

Mick12334

Different receivers can be more sensitive to DECT interference.
If every other transponder is working correctly, then it could be interference, of some description.

If this happens on just Vertical, or Horizontal transponders, then you check the LNB, or cable.

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
I justo check with other user of VU+, he has a Vu+ solo 4k.

He has the same problema with FBC tunner A and B.
Since his device can have other tuner, he instaled a DVB-S2 Twin tuner, and dame TP work with the Twin tuner, but have problems with the FBC.

Mick12334

I can't recall you posting the model, of your VU+.

In your images you have the frequency 4000 listed, there are two, on 58W, listed on lyngsat, 4000 V 30000 DVB-S2, and 4000 H 28120 DVB-S2, but you have circular selected, in your image.

Code:
https://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-21.html

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
I may forgot to mentioned, it is a Vu+ uno 4k SE with FBC tunner dvb-s2x-45308x-fbc.

I don't have the DECT telephone un may house.
I don't why lyngsat does not have the TP information, but portaleds does.
I know the photo says circular , sorry about that, but i did try Horizontal as it should and DVB-S2 8PSK FEC=5/6
www portaleds.com/espanol/tps.php?sat=3020&fre=4000H

Mick12334

Frequency 4000 with a S/R of 30000 is listed as Vertical polarity, not Horizontal, the 4000 Horizontal channels are listed as S/R 28120 DVB-S2 8PSK 5/6.
You could try altering the frequency slightly, to 3998 or 4004, to see if they scan in.

You have already confirmed that the problem appears to be with the FBC tuners, as your friend said that he could only get it working with an older DVB-S2 tuner.

You could try Black Hole, or the original image, from vuplus, to see if that works.

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Frequency 4000 with a S/R of 30000 is listed as Vertical polarity, not Horizontal, the 4000 Horizontal channels are listed as S/R 28120 DVB-S2 8PSK 5/6.
You could try altering the frequency slightly, to 3998 or 4004, to see if they scan in.

You have already confirmed that the problem appears to be with the FBC tuners, as your friend said that he could only get it working with an older DVB-S2 tuner.

You could try Black Hole, or the original image, from vuplus, to see if that works.

The TP is listed in portaleds, and I have it in other box, also some other friends haveet me try those numbers (3998 and 4004).

I alredy try BH and VTi images, all have the same problem.

AlexWilMac

I've never heard in my life this portaled website: I've always consulted Kingofsat and it reports, about this satellite, that on 4000 there are both Vertical and Horizontal but the H is a feed with (I cite it), Occasional Feeds, data or inactive frequency (2016-05-17).
There should be something on 4000V, instead.
You can read yourself:
Code:
https://it.kingofsat.net/sat-is21.php

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
I've never heard in my life this portaled website: I've always consulted Kingofsat and it reports, about this satellite, that on 4000 there are both Vertical and Horizontal but the H is a feed with (I cite it), Occasional Feeds, data or inactive frequency (2016-05-17).
There should be something on 4000V, instead.
You can read yourself:
Code:
https://it.kingofsat.net/sat-is21.php

The site portaleds is more common used from people in south america, the TP is currently as the portaleds site says, it has FOX SPORTs cannels and it is not Occasional, also the seetings are 4000 H 30000 8PSK 5/6.

The TP 4000 V 30000 does work fine, if I go the Signal Search feature and look for 4000 V 3000, all looks good. At the moment I switch from Vertical to Horizontal the signal starts to go 0%-80% without stopping. I'm interesting for the channels in polarization Horizontal not Vertical

Other TPs like 4040 H 3000 and 4040 V 30000 works fine

AlexWilMac

OK, but have you gone on the website I wrote? If you had, you would see that there is no channel currently working in that transponder, 4000H but there is some in the 4000V.
As it writes the 4000H has channels only occasionally working, this probably means is a tp used only for testing.

Carlos Duran

Vu+ Newbie
I got same problem that TP mentioned goes from 80% to 0%, and the image freezes.
I’ve already tested vu plus images released by them and remains same issue

Actually on same vu+ solo 4k with DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2) woks ok , but not with FBC ones

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
OK, but have you gone on the website I wrote? If you had, you would see that there is no channel currently working in that transponder, 4000H but there is some in the 4000V.
As it writes the 4000H has channels only occasionally working, this probably means is a tp used only for testing.
We went to the website, but that information is outdated. The TP is working and channels are transmitting fine 24/7, you should check portaleds web site. Carlos Duran is from Mexico, and he has been seeing F sports during the last days, same as me, in this TP.

I noticed that H and V polarization have different signal level in other box that I have. I have this other where I can see perfectly the channels of the polarization H TP, signal is tipically 75% and some time goes to 30%, still it does work and there is no freeze. In that same box the polarization V signal is always 95%

With FBC tunner the signal goes from 80% to 0% almost each second. I wonder if there is something the check a little alternation on the signal level and takes the signal to 0, like it blocks the signal

Ev0

Admin
It's either a driver or a tuner issue (I suspect driver).

In either case your only chance of getting it fixed is to raise a support request on vuplus site www.vuplus.com

Nothing anyone in this team or this site can do to help you as this transponder is not viewable to most people from Europe and definitely not from Korea.

So if Vuplus can help, they will probably require some logs from you.

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Ev0 thanks for your response!
I'll report this issue as a bug to vu+ web site.

Is there any chance you know how long takes to get a response from the vu+ people?

regards,
Johan

Ev0

Admin
Ev0 thanks for your response!
I'll report this issue as a bug to vu+ web site.

Is there any chance you know how long takes to get a response from the vu+ people?

regards,
Johan
Sadly no, they might reply tomorrow, or they might never reply.

Nothing we can do about that i'm afraid.