Project-Valerie

sonc

Vu+ User
The aim of project valerie is to create an easy to use full feature media center for all enigma2 based set top boxes.
The main improvement to a standard enigma2 installation is that instead of being multimedia support just a nice re on the side, in Project Valerie multimedia support is the key feature.

tv_series_style_mini.jpg

Rev 1270 -tested and working on BH2.0.1.
Works with existing movie database and settings from OE1.6 version.

Attachments

• project-valerie_rev1270_mips32el_oe20.ipk
    3.1 MB · Views: 436

delexmu

Vu+ Newbie
You can acces vía interface web ip:8888 to project valerie and put the pathmto your movies, after this you can see them in your vu+

Do a reboot, then it should be on the Main Menu.

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD

atm

Vu+ Newbie
there is a problem on my vu+solo2..bh 2.01
it can easly search my media files on hdd ..but it is only showing avi files..
mkv files didnt.
any idea?

tcp/ip

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I have installed the plugin fine but my movies and tv programes are on my local nas any ideas how to configure movies not help on my ultimos hdd.

sonc

Vu+ User
Hi I have installed the plugin fine but my movies and tv programes are on my local nas any ideas how to configure movies not help on my ultimos hdd.

Provided you've mounted the NAS on the ultimo:

Menu -> Project Valerie -> System -> Synchronize -> Settings -> ChangeSearchPath
Add the path to your nas.

sonc

Vu+ User
there is a problem on my vu+solo2..bh 2.01
it can easly search my media files on hdd ..but it is only showing avi files..
mkv files didnt.
any idea?

You can set the file types using the web interface.
In your browser on your pc, type url:
<IP address of solo2>:8888

Choose Options -> Sync Settings

Under File Settings set the File Types you want, e.g. mpg|ts|mkv|iso|avi|m2ts|divx|ifo|vro

Click Save

hisham

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
amazing plugin
working perfectly on solo2 BH 2.0.2
just one thing, the theme doesn't loadup when having the plugin autostart on boot, need to enter the menu in order to have the theme loadup
but still very nice work, look like XBMC,
waiting for more update from your side
thank you

akhbar

Vu+ Newbie
It seems that the background picture is one step behind on my box. Its not from the movie/show that is currently highlightet, but det one that was before. How can I fix that?

hisham

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
amazing plugin
working perfectly on solo2 BH 2.0.2
just one thing, the theme doesn't loadup when having the plugin autostart on boot, need to enter the menu in order to have the theme loadup
but still very nice work, look like XBMC,
waiting for more update from your side
thank you
i did i new flash to my solo2 and installed again project valery, but now when trying to sync, it stucks at loading data
any idea how to fix it?
thank you

boyofford

Vu+ User
i did i new flash to my solo2 and installed again project valery, but now when trying to sync, it stucks at loading data
any idea how to fix it?
thank you

I'm struggling with similar problem, though did scan in few files first it now refuses to do again.
Now green screens if select movies or tv show and box restarts. Tried to re install but no different.
I did a backup of box before installed so will reflash to remove any traces of Valerie and retry tomorrow.

Running bh2.0.2 with solo2 and media stored on nas. Have settings for config and media folder pointed to USB as dont have hardrive.

Would be great if can work as only media centre like XBMC that I've found for vu+.

Cheers

boyofford

Vu+ User
Progress so far...
Restored flash from backup, though most recent was corrupt so had to step one back...grr!
Wizard crashed twice with green screen so exited and restarted box, wizard appeared to work properly then.
Got shares mounts setup ans went to sync and green screened again.
After restarted went to sync again and... Something is happening! Will report back after sync.

I should add I've added a swap file to see if it helps.

boyofford

Vu+ User
After a very long while it finished scan, some of names are incorrect and only about half a dozen movies have art work.
Also its very slow to respond to remote keys and I think it has slowed down remote response generally even when not using Valerie but I'm not sure.
Cool tv guide for instance takes a second to load. I'll uninstall for now and wait for next update. Cheers for effort though, does look good in videos and pics I've seen.

mnx

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I've recently installed Project Valerie. It's a very nice plugin.
But I have one problem. My videos are located at my NAS.
The NAS is mounted as: /mnt/net/x264/, this mount contains 6 subfolders...Series, x264, cartoons, DVD and two more.

In Project Valerie I've set two search paths under 'Sync Settings':
/mnt/net/x264/x264/ - Movie
/mnt/net/x264/series/ - Series

My problem is that it also syncs in the 4 other subfolders. Anyone know why?
I just want the files from the search paths I've entered to get synced.

Taboganist007

Vu+ Newbie
Is there any fix for it failing to pull metadata and organise files containing an apostrophe in the title? Other than that I must say, Project Valerie is a fantastic little plugin. I have over 2.5tb of media on a HDD hooked up to my router and mounted via network mountpoints and with the help of Project Valerie it has turned my Vu+ Solo2 into a one-stop media portal which takes care of all my media consumption needs :D

Max

BH Lover
Just installed project-valerie_rev1270_mips32el_oe20.ipk on my Vu+Solo² with BH 2.0.2C.
First problem during installation. The installer didn't create the media folder inside /mnt/hdd/valerie/, so no artworks, backdrop images has been downloaded.
I created that folder manually, and after my first sync all is in the right place. All my movies have cover, background etc etc.

Second problem browsing movie list:

It seems that the background picture is one step behind on my box. Its not from the movie/show that is currently highlightet, but det one that was before. How can I fix that?

The same happens to me, the background image is wrong. It's not always the previous one but it depends on what direction I'm moving with arrows. Let me explain...
if I'm selecting using DOWN arrow this is what PV shows me:

Movie 5 -> Background 4
Movie 6 -> Background 5
Movie 7 -> Background 6

But if I use the UP arrow to select ...

Movie 7 -> Background 8
Movie 6 -> Background 7
Movie 5 -> Background 6

No problems at all using scraping for italian movies. 12 mkv movies on my HDD, all descriptions, images etc etc successfully downloaded.

I'm not able yet to sync my pre-recorded TV-Series.
As an example, I have a lot of Doctor Who episodes recorded by my old Vu+Duo and transferred on my Solo².
Each file has a name like "20110122 1735 - Rai 4 - Doctor Who Ep_ 8.ts".

After my first sync attemps, all these episodes appear in the Failed tab. There are two options to force this file to appear as a Movie or Episode, but if I click on E, this episode disappear from my Failed list but doesn't appear in any other list...

I'm trying to read all Wiki about it, but I haven't found a solution yet. Any help will be appreciated.

VERY VERY NICE PLUGIN, hope it will be not forgetted. Works very smooth (no slow response) on my Solo².

Max

Max

BH Lover
...the background image is wrong. It's not always the previous one but it depends on what direction I'm moving with arrows. Let me explain...
if I'm selecting using DOWN arrow this is what PV shows me:

Movie 5 -> Background 4
Movie 6 -> Background 5
Movie 7 -> Background 6

But if I use the UP arrow to select ...

Movie 7 -> Background 8
Movie 6 -> Background 7
Movie 5 -> Background 6

I've found a fix for the background images problem.

1) Download the attached zip file and unzip it on your desktop
2) Using FTP, rename libshowiframe.so.0.0.0 stored in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ProjectValerie as libshowiframe.so.0.0.0.orig (to save the original lib in case of problem).
3) Copy the new extracted libshowiframe.so.0.0.0 in the same folder and set permission 755
4) Reboot your Vu+Solo² (Reboot is mandatory)

Now on my Vu+Solo² background images are correctly in sync with the selected movie.

Next frontier will be Animated Background...

Max

Attachments

• libshowiframe.so.0.0.0.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 109