Putty problems connecting

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
When I try to connect from putty to my Vu+ Solo2 , it shuts down and says "connection closed by remote host"

Anyone who can help me??

Ps. I can connect from my browser to my box , but not fron putty...

wgnrblay

Vu+ Newbie
When I try to connect from putty to my Vu+ Solo2 , it shuts down and says "connection closed by remote host"

Anyone who can help me??

Ps. I can connect from my browser to my box , but not fron putty...
I had a similar problem if I remember correctly it was the network and ip address. Double check everything.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gold_66

Vu+ User
This is the default screen of putty, I just type the IP of Vu+ and it connects with default port value which is 23.

putty.jpg

After that, with "root" as login and no password on black screen it goes through. No extra settings on either side.

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
I have exact the same screen as you, but the problem is that Putty just shuts down when I press "Open"

Mick12334

Just tried, using Windows 10 and PuTTY version 0.69, without any problem. I did notice that my version, of PuTTY, has an SSH option, which Gold_66's doesn't have, so mine is probably an earlier version.
My port was 22, as assigned upon starting PuTTY

Gold_66

Vu+ User
I have exact the same screen as you, but the problem is that Putty just shuts down when I press "Open"
Extra info: I'm still actively following this forum, but sometimes I forget that I'm on OpenATV image now. :oops:
So I checked Setup/System/Network and there's a "Telnet Setup" section where 'Autostart' is enabled and shows current status as running.
Don't know if you're on BH or OBH but it could be useful if you check those settings. (if any)

Just tried, using Windows 10 and PuTTY version 0.69, without any problem. I did notice that my version, of PuTTY, has an SSH option, which Gold_66's doesn't have, so mine is probably an earlier version.
My port was 22, as assigned upon starting PuTTY
That's interesting. I thought default port value was 23 for everyone. I tried to change it to 22 and ended up with a black screen full of rubbish data. :D
My portable version of Putty is even older (0.60), that could be the reason.

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
Putty release 0,70
Windows 10
No antiviurs
I can connect with Open Webif with no problem
Cant connect with VU+ cc (Unable to connect to IP)

upload_2018-9-4_18-44-33.jpeg

Attachments

• Namnlöst-1.jpg
    Namnlöst-1.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 4

Mick12334

Looks like your receivers IP Address isn't correct.
You can check this in your receivers menu, look for network and find the correct IP Address, or you can use the DCC, Dreambox Control Centre, to find it:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/dcc-e2-v1-41.3147/

Start up the DCC_E2.exe, change the language option to English, click search, and the search option, in the box that opens, and it should find everything attached to your network, with the appropriate IP Address.

Mick12334

Your PC IP Address looks unusual, given your receivers IP Address, who is your Internet provider?
Have you got a different router you could try?
Some security software appears to be blocking your connection, as it's not your PC I'm guessing it's in your router.

el bandido

Vu+ User
The OpenWebif connects. Doubt this would be possible if there was an ip conflict. The router is probably assigning ip addresses that the computer and receiver are connected to.

What image is being used in the Vu+ Solo2?
Is the image a fresh install or a backup?
The "connection closed by remote host" error mentioned in post #1 suggests a password or login error that would not be possible if the receiver and host computer were not communicating. A fresh installed image would most likely have "root" for the user id and the password blank. Not all images are set like this though, and a customized or backup image may have a different user id and/or password.

The Dreambox Control Center shows the Connection type set to crossover cable (Direct Crossover). This setting is probably not correct, and "Router" or one of the other selections should be used instead.

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
The same with router

I have also port forward in my router for the Telnet and FTP with no good results...

The image is Black Hole